Takara Headmasters Kits

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Ricky_Stream, Jan 21, 2008.

1. Ricky_Stream

Ricky_Stream Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    What do you guys think of this kits? are they worthy?

2. Prisoner1138

Prisoner1138 TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Umm, what kits?

3. Soundblaster1

Soundblaster1 The Heisenberg of Toys

News Credits:
    I'm pretty sure I haven't heard of these, and I pick up on a lot of little stuff like that. Could you please elaborate some?

4. Ricky_Stream

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. Prisoner1138

Prisoner1138 TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Aren't those the kabaya(or whatever) kits?

6. Rodr-Evil

Rodr-Evil Lucifer's children TFW2005 Supporter

Those looks ok, any more info?

7. Ricky_Stream

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    not really..i'm doing a trade with a guy for that...but i'm not sure because i never heard or even so much as saw anything about these.

8. Soundblaster1

Soundblaster1 The Heisenberg of Toys

News Credits:
    Prisoner1138 is correct, they are Kabaya kits.

I have a few of the knockoff ones... They're pretty hit or miss. I'd say pass unless you're an uber-completist because they certainly aren't worth the prices they fetch. Someone posted a link to a site that had quite a bit of information about them, but that was at least a year ago. I will point you to the knockoff ones because they're fun to build and whatever... http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZblackgaine

9. destrongerlupus

destrongerlupus #MoreSawBoss

News Credits:
    The K/O kits are a little dodgy, but generally not bad, in terms of quality, but they're so cheap they're the fun they're meant to be ;) 

If you're trading for some vintage kits, they'd get my total thumbs up, the designs are generally very good, with correct full transformations. These were WSTs before WSTs existed.

Kabaya-SixShot was the first kit I ever got (Vintage, 2nd hand, pre-assembled) and he is a WONDER. Pretty much 100% (welllll 90%)accurate to the full size toy, only like 1 1/2 inches tall or whatever.

If you dig Microns, WSTs, or are a crafty-sort, or preferaby a combo of all 3, you'll LOVE these things, I sure do :) 

D/L

10. xZAOx

xZAOx Yep.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    There's a guy on the boards and eBay (Might Gaine) who sells alot of the KO kits of these. His very upfront about them in his eBay listings, says they are knockoffs, and tells you the quality of each set, especially things like "when putting together the feet, be very careful or you'll break it" or "the mold has degraded to the point that the arms no longer work", things like that. Here's a link to his eBay store to give you some more info: http://stores.ebay.com/Black-Gaines-Toy-Store

11. destrongerlupus

News Credits:
    Yep, I've bought a TON of Might/Black Gaine's kits. Its WONDERFUL that these are available, even if they have some issues, they used to be nigh-on impossible to find, and when you did find them they fetched a pretty penny (WAAAY too much given these are essentially candy-toys).

It's so nice having them readily available, especially so many designs.

I think Hydra was the last one I built, and he's really impressive. I also really enjoy the lime-green Cliffjumper in my collection, he's the exact size of WST Bumble, and he ACTUALLY LOOKS LIKE CLIFFJUMPER, as opposed to the red-Bumble stand-in.

Great stuff
    D/L

12. transmetropolitan

transmetropolitan nonjon TFW2005 Supporter

How much are these worth? Are they original or K/O? A ebay seller in Hong Kong sent me these out-of-the-blue a long time ago as thanks for quickly correcting a minor payment glitch.

I have 4. Boxes are the same.
    Seaspray
    Warpath
    Brawl
    Deadend??-Not Sure

[​IMG]

13. destrongerlupus

News Credits:
    Hard to tell from just that shot, but it looks like it might be legit. OTOH Convoy is always a favorite of th K/O'rs, and you did say it was from HK.

Have a look for Takara/Kabaya imprints on the box, and if there's any paper work. The K/Os print the instructions (such as they are) on the inside of the box, I don't *THINK* that's true for the legit ones. PROBABLY should even have a "Hasbro International" imprint on the box somewhere, my experience with legit-non-Japanese-Asian-Sourced TFs usually has Hasbro doing distro work. This includes product that Hasbro's really had nothing to do with otherwise.

As for value, I recall paying $30 or so for my loose Sixshot. I've seen boxed ones go (or at least be offered)for the kinds of stupid prices that any vintage japanese-exclusive product will garner. Depends on who's actually in there too. The K/Os are blind-packed, I foget if that's true of vintage Kabaya too.

EDIT: *DUH* Just noticed the Kabaya logo on the top flap, that raises my evaluation, to "yeah probably legit" but the advice still stands

D/L

14. Takeshi357

Takeshi357 "Research"

I kinda want the Deszaras kit to try and paint it to show-accurate colors.

Just so I'd have someone to pose next to my RM Victory Saber.