Takara/Hasbro Stamping question

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by tfike110, Jun 28, 2011.

1. tfike110

tfike110 G1ToyCollector

Ebay:
    I just purchased and received a G1 figure Lot on ebay. Upon further inspection of all of these figures...most of them have only Takara stampings on them (no Hasbro identification at all).

The figures I received were Swoop, Sludge, Red Bumblebee, Soundwave, Wheeljack, Sunstreaker, Thrust, Skywarp, and Buzzsaw.

The only figure to have a Hasbro stamping is Sludge. Each of the others only have Takara stampings.

I can tell the difference between a KO and real, and all of these figures are legit G1 TF figures....my question is why do they not have a Hasbro stamping on them?

2. tfike110

tfike110 G1ToyCollector

Ebay:
    i even compared the thrust i just received against a thrust that I previously had, and my previous one has the Hasbro stamping.

Does this mean these toys were japanese boxed toys that have made there way to the states?

3. sto_vo_kor_2000

sto_vo_kor_2000 Banned

Cant speak for the ones you have, but its not un-heard of that theres no Hasbro stamp.

Remember, these were origibally Takara produced toysd.When Hasbro got the rights to sell the figures, they both produced new merchandise from the molds, and repacked Takara back stock into Hasbro boxes.