Takara / Hasbro and G1 Reissues? What's next?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by AkumaSG, Sep 19, 2012.

1. AkumaSG

AkumaSG Member

I'm curious to know when Hasbro announces these releases officially. Can anyone tell me when, during the calendar year (or at what event) these announcements usually take place? Takara does a pretty good job of it.

Also, is anyone aware of Hasbro's stance on G1 reissues at this point? They release a trickle compared to Takara, so I'm assuming the demand is greater in Asia vs. the U.S. And as a collector of strictly G1 reissues and Masterpiece, I find it to be disappointing.

And more to the point, any thoughts on what will be the next Takara and / or Hasbro G1 reissue we'll be seeing?

I feel that Hasbro, at the very least, could reissue G1 characters that have already been reissued elsewhere (i.e. Blitzwing, etc.), but since it isn't happening I'm assuming it's related to money somehow.

As a side note, does anyone know where production numbers for reissues can be found or are they not officially reported (I'm feeling it's the latter since I've found very little information).

2. AkumaSG

AkumaSG Member

Ah, my mistake. Can a mod please move this to the Transformers Toy Discussion? Apologies.

3. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    Next reissue is kind of from G2, with Encore yellow Devastator. Although there was a yellow version of him in G1, G2 is what most people associate it with. We won't know for sure what generation it's being released as until we see the packaging.

With Hasbro, it has to be something that the US market will support. Some fly off shelves, and some will sit on shelves for over a year. The last four reissues they've released have all bombed: 25th Anniversary Optimus Prime, the Insecticons, Perceptor, and the Seacons. They have to be picky, because no retailer wants stuff that won't move.

I don't think someone like Blitzwing would be successful if he were reissued in the US, given even the insecticons bombed.

4. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Rattrap Teabag

News Credits:
    Yeah, I'd be really suprised if Hasbro releases any more Reissues stateside anytime soon.

5. Composite Ghost

Composite Ghost Motorized Transformer

News Credits:
    Whatever reissue comes next I hope it's something new and not another reissue of a reissue. Let's see something crazy like Dinobots or Headmasters.

6. Cool Hand Lube

Cool Hand Lube Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    *would explode in a pink mist of fanboy queefiness if a Dinobot gift set were ever announced*