Takara future reissues? post-Movie toys

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by skywarp99, Oct 10, 2008.

1. skywarp99

skywarp99 proto-Cyclonus

I just saw the news that Trailbreaker and Hoist are the next encores. I am still waiting to get other pre-Movie toys - Sunstreaker, Stunticons, Aerialbots, Constructicons....etc.

Perhaps because Takara thinks the pre-Movie figures are more popular (which I think they probably are), and can get more sales that way. But has Takara said if they have lost many post-Movie molds?

I think alot of the Target/Headmaster toys were pretty neat, and I only had a few (Apeface, ftw!) as a kid. Don't get me wrong, I love the pre-Movie stuff even more, but I want a good mix of G1, not just the cars and jets of the first two years. At least they have started to get out some of the later molds - Metroplex, Sky Lynx, Predacons. I just hope they continue, I want Scorponok, Trypticon, Terrorcons, Seacons (G1 plz, not awful Club colors) and more!

2. Alex5

Alex5 No Broken

I think they are actually doing a good job of slipping in certain figures that haven't been reissued in any form previously - sky lynx, metroplex, omega supreme couple of minibots and now trailbreaker. Between the japanese reissues, TFC line and TRU reissue series a good portion of the the 'up-to-and-including-the movie' G1 stuff has now been reissued, but there are a few gaps which encore is starting to fill, which is great.

Personally I'm happy if they fill those gaps before going on to the post-movie stuff. I guess they have to do some of the popular figures again to keep up sales figures but quite honestly anything could be next, I'd love Targetmaster Scourge and Cyclonus... Octane... Dinobots... Jetfire... the missing Minibots... coneheads...

3. Magnus' Mate

Magnus' Mate Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I kind of agree, though understand Takara-Tomy's current strategy as well. I think we're likely to eventually see some post-86 releases, presuming the Encore line continues to sell.

It's a good bet that those Head-and-Target masters who had prominent roles in the Japanese "Headmasters" series probably stand a better chance of re-release than others...

4. Slimbone

Slimbone Decepti-creep

Although I was real happy to read that they are re-releasing Trailbreaker, I've got to admit I'm a little upset that it's more Autobots. Coneheads, Contstructicons, or even Rumble and Frenzy would have made more sense to me.

Between Prime, Sky Lynx, Omega Supreme, and Metroplex, the Decepticon releases so far don't measure up by quantity or size.