Takara DOTM Skywarp Gallery

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by x BlackMagnus x, Aug 13, 2011.

1. x BlackMagnus x

x BlackMagnus x Is not impressed

News Credits:
    • News Credit News Credit x 1
  2. Snake_eyes1975

Snake_eyes1975 Peace through Tyranny!!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    PISSED.

that looks so cool.

Ive never "imported" a TF before. How hard would it be to get one of these? just ebay it or what?

3. TCracker

TCracker おもちゃは今とても暑いです

News Credits:
    awesome, I will be getting him...

4. Deceptigtar

Deceptigtar Sworn Decepticon Assassin

News Credits:
    Ebay:
  5. ZeroEdge

ZeroEdge Geass'd

News Credits:
    I'd wait dude. Hasbro is BOUND to release this sooner or later

6. Sidecutter

Sidecutter Evil Dealer Scum TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Easy, just pick your favorite import site and purchase. :D 

(I won't give the suggestion of where, obviously, I'm biased, but you'd save a little money. Just sayin... :D )

As for Hasbro releasing this here, I dunno. They have a really solid history of NOT releasing any kind of full matched set of three seekers here, just two. In the first movie, Starscream and Thundercracker. For ROTF, Skywarp and Ramjet, with Thrust and Dirge relegated to a whole different pair of designs that weren't even the same vehicle. I'm really skeptical that they will release this here as a result. Heck, we didn't even get a Classics mold Thundercracker until Generations - and we still don't have a Skywarp to suit the more G1 look of that and the newer Starscream.

7. jasonmako

jasonmako Voyager

News Credits:
    Look at that beast-ass purple/silver tip paint, magenta blades and even a G1 colored cockpit glass!!! Oh I so love you Skywarp in every canon <3

Last edited: Aug 14, 2011
  8. Christian Prime

Christian Prime SF Ibuki & Makoto Fanboy!

Whoa boy, Thew will be jumping around with joy, since he's a Skywarp Fan! :p 

9. GAUGE

GAUGE In Art, Nothing Is Impossible.

News Credits:
    I've had this sucker on preorder for a good while now. i totally can't wait to own him. :) 

10. wildfly

wildfly Lasers, 8 O'Clock, Day 1.

News Credits:
    Allow me. Captuedprey are awesome.

1) Decide what you want Hasbro to do.
    2) Work backwards in an attempt to justify 1)

11. Stormcrow

Stormcrow Well-Known Member

The black and purple scheme always works.

12. shadowfall1976

shadowfall1976 The Alpha and the Optimus

I just pre-ordered my first non re-issue import, I love the Thundercarcker version, so I really
    wanted this one, I never pay for a figure to import, aside from Encores, but I really like him.

13. SAF7

SAF7 LOVE this game!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    It's times like this that I'm really glad I'm not a Seeker collector (in that I don't try to get them all). To me, Skywarp is too similar to Thundercracker (for the most part, just replace the black w/ lilac, the blue with black, and the red with more lilac). If Hasbro does release a Skywarp, I hope that they change up the deco a bit. I mean, it's not bad by any means, I just already have TC :lol .

14. Nemesis Liger

Nemesis Liger Well-Known Member

Yay for Deluxe Seekers! Since I snagged TC, I've been particularly smitten with DoTM's deluxe mold. It's almost like a slightly simplified (ie. travel size) and scaled down Leader Class. As one who likes this particular mold, I enjoy seeing the different color variations. Black 'n Purple/Lilac is usually always a nice color palette. In these colors, the figure is quite eye-catching and represents his namesake well, IMO. The thing is, I find it amusing that the inadvertent(?) running gag is to never have the 3 Seekers released together, or consecutively. Size class, and Toy Line doesn't have to matter as most seem subject to this fate.

At this point, I think it's too early to determine whether or not he'll be released elsewhere. As it is, this mold has only been released "differently" twice, heck the Voyager reiterations have gotten more to show for their existence. Right now, we probably won't be getting him anytime soon, but Hasbro loves it's repaints so I find it hard to believe that we won't be getting one at all. That said, I'm probably pass on him for now as I unfortunately don't have the means to justify import pricing. No harm no foul as that only means more for everyone else.

15. megatroptimus

megatroptimus Translatorminator

News Credits:
    Can't wait to get mine... Too bad they kinda ruined Thundercracker by giving him the stupidest weapon combo ever.

16. Snake_eyes1975

Snake_eyes1975 Peace through Tyranny!!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I dunno man. I think the other guys right. If they DID bring this one to the US id be very suprised.

Ive NEVER owned all three seekers of any mold. But this deluxe mold, and the look of Starscream in general is just pure kickass, man. I would rather them do a G1 Starscream repaint before skywarp, seeing how reasonable the Price actually is VVVVVV

That price is pretty straight man. I was thinking $50-$60...Seen alot of positives about your site....I will patronize. This will be my 1st "import" TF purchase...I just HOPE there isnt magic dust in the box that gets me addicted to ordering overseas though :thumbs2: 

17. Sidecutter

Sidecutter Evil Dealer Scum TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I don't have any magic dust on hand, it's expensive. So any magic dust in there comes from the factory. :D 

18. shadowfall1976

shadowfall1976 The Alpha and the Optimus

I'm not a seeker completionist or a completionist at all, but I do love this mold. I do
    however as part of the Classics collection, have all 6 of the main seekers, I really
    didn't like Universe Acid Storm, so didn't see the need to buy him. But for the movies,
    I already bought leader Starscream, and DOTM Thundercracker, now I will have all 3 between
    2 molds, but I really do love the porportions of the DOTM mold, so I may have to get a
    second smaller Starscream to have all 3 in one size.

I didn't like any of the Screamer molds until HFTD came out, then DOTM.....one of the very
    few DOTM molds I like.

19. Cax6ton

Cax6ton Insufferable Smartass

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    Pinterest:
    Ever since thundercracker was released I've been saying that he got skywarp's deco, we just needed it in the proper colors. Can't wait to get this one, even though I hate the robot design.

RE: US release - I originally said that this one was certain to come out, but now I'm not sure. SDCC news said that dotm toys aren't staying around for long, so we may have seen all of the figures we're going to get.

20. AutobotMaximal

AutobotMaximal Becoming vintage, day by day

Man, that looks great. I would love to see a US release of this one. I figure, even if we do get this one, it won't be anytime soon.