Takara DA-08 DOTM Sideswipe Images

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by HighCaptSpock, May 19, 2011.

1. HighCaptSpock

HighCaptSpock Autobot Logician

News Credits:
    Not sure if this is news, but is was important purchasing information for me.

Seibertron.com has received an image confirming that the Takara version of DOTM Sideswipe, DA-08, will not receive the shiny silver paint job I'm sure many of us wanted:

BBTS has updated their page to indicate the same thing:

What a bummer. I guess it's time to go cancel my just-in-case preorder.

2. Gryph

Gryph Action Master

News Credits:
    Not really a surprise, or really even news. I don't recall the Japanese versions of the movie stuff being any different before, with the exception of Sidearm Sideswipe and Incinerator.

3. HighCaptSpock

HighCaptSpock Autobot Logician

News Credits:
    There were many differences in the Autobot Alliance line, namely the fact that the Takara Sidearm Sideswipe didn't have the red flames of the Hasbro release.

4. Gryph

Gryph Action Master

News Credits:
    Yeah, I remembered that and Incinerator, but it was always minor stuff. Sideswipe being entirely painted is a bit much. Hell, even the metallic paint they've been using has been on limited areas of the toys.

5. Lbsammills51

Lbsammills51 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Seaspray, Battle Blades Prime, Highbrow, and Hailstorm all had very noticeable differences in Autobot Alliance (G1 accurate colors, no golden brown parts-metallic silver matrix-hooks, darker blue compared to Hasbro's, and black treads instead of golden brown, respectively). Most of the other figures (Tomahawk, Terradive, Breacher, Insecticon, I think Battle Blade Bumblebee too) all had some differences but were more minor. I guess you could count Takara's Shanghai Attack (white) Voyager Demolishor and Desert Combat (red) Deluxe Rampage, plus the Movie "Masterpiece" releases, as well, since each figure corresponded to a U.S. release that came out before or after the Takara version.

Unfortunately, with the confirmation on this Sideswipe, it appears that means Autobot Alliance (and Incinerator) and its frequent deco changes was more of an anomaly rather than a sign of things to come with Takara's DotM line. Damn, I was willing to pay extra for a metallic silver DotM Sideswipe. Oh well.

6. Gryph

Gryph Action Master

News Credits:
    Actually, most of the ones you mentioned weren't actually paint apps, but changes in the plastic color. That does happen frequently.

7. Lbsammills51

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Sorry, I'm confused. First you said that Japanese releases outside of Sidearm Sideswipe and Incinerator were largely the same...and now you're suggesting that plastic colors are different quite frequently but not paint apps, even though most plastic colors for Takara movie line toys have stayed the same outside of some of the examples I listed (did Takara's Incinerator have black painted over the grey plastic? I haven't messed with mine too much but I just assumed it was matte black plastic...been awhile since I took a look at it). Or did you mean Takara releases in general often use different plastic colors so some of the examples shouldn't be a surprise, but significant changes in paint apps aren't as frequent and even fewer in the movieverse?

I don't mean to sound even slightly antagonistic by any means, so please don't take it that way. I just worked a little overtime proofreading a 60-page training manual I had to write for work so I'm running on fumes right now and it's possible I'm just stumbling over semantics. Either way, I wish someone would give us a metallic silver DotM Sideswipe.

8. ThinkTank Customs

ThinkTank Customs TFW2005-Citizen

News Credits:
    and also landmine, he was darker and had rubbertires and the allspark

9. Mighty.Maximal

Mighty.Maximal Banned

This is why I wish I had a good Japanese Fan gallery to look at as I was unaware there was any differences on Highbrow & Mindset.
    ROTF Leader Optimus also has a different colour Neck piece to the Hasbro one.

What are the differences on the Takara Tomahawk & Terradive ?

Insecticon is a completely different colour to the Hasbro one though it's more of a dark grey where as the Hasbro one is green.
    I thought the silvery plastic on the Legion Sideswipe was actually OK so if they used that I could live with it. I'm just concerned if it was that mucky brown colour shown in current images (hopefully this is just poor lighting).
    I'd imagine he wouldn't be to hard to disassemble and spray silver though.

There was also a few unique repaints such as clear Optimus & Starscream comet-bots, Black Arcee, White Arcee, Shiny Gold 1970's Bumblebee, sand deco Mudflap & Skids, Lawson's Blackout, DVD Black Leader Optimus, Twin Pack Jetfire & twin Pack Leader Optimus. and a few of the EZ series/Legends are either slightly different colours & some are completely unique colours.

10. Mach

Mach Grand Master

News Credits:
    Dark of the moon Voyager prime is different, other than trailer and weapon. There are many differences in the figure itself.....
    Then u have Jetwing Prime, where Hasbro dont have entirely.

Of course at the moment, other figures dont have much differences, except Bio cards.... Some people are really concern about bio card though...

11. x BlackMagnus x

x BlackMagnus x Is not impressed

News Credits:
    Don't forgot about the screen accurate Elita One.

12. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Not a surprise at all. Most of the RotF stuff was the same as Hasbro's, not everything, but the majority of them. Once HftD hit there were definitely more differences.

I honestly don't see why people were expecting him to be shiny, rather than dull like the Hasbro version. The only pictures used to represent the Takara release were the obviously photoshoped Hasbro pictures.

13. Lbsammills51

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Terradive had red paint aps on the wings, and Tomahawk used a slightly different (darker, I think?) grey plastic for some of the bot mode parts, if I remember correctly.

I always forget about her and the Deluxe Ironhide too. That got rid of much of the blue on the Hasbro version.

I think the only reason people hoped for otherwise was that BBTS was bothering to import it and the pic showed a (now photoshopped, we know) shiny Sideswipe, so maybe this release would be different a la their Voyager Prime with the trailer.

14. Josh

Josh Comic Color-guy

News Credits:
    awwww

if it wasnt for the dull matte grey plastic i would so get this guy too. as is he just looks very cheap and kinda ko lookin

15. TornadoQuakeX

TornadoQuakeX Decepti-Creep

Good thing I just bought the Hasbro release and painted it silver. :)