Takara Classics Scans - New Paint Confirmed!

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by TJOmega, Dec 21, 2007.

1. TJOmega

TJOmega The Plastic Addict Content Contributor

News Credits:

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 21, 2007
  2. a person

a person Is not amused.

News Credits:
    Bumblebee looks great but I just want to see Megatron.

EDIT: That new picture of Grimlock in the thread looks alot better than the one shown. He has red on his chest!

3. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yeah I wanna see Megs!

4. TENIME_art

TENIME_art Ethically Challenged

Ebay:
    Crap. Bumblebee looks awesome. :banghead: 

5. Dark_Convoy

Dark_Convoy Old Bastard Veteran

Those looks really good, especially Bumblebee.

6. TJOmega

TJOmega The Plastic Addict Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Megatron was announced the same way these were, and the scans put to rest the rumors of the line being the US versions with stickered boxes. Whenever we see Megatron we can be confident the neon colors will be gone.

What I find interesting is that for Grimlock they went G1 toy-accurate, not show accurate... makes me wonder, if they release Astrotrain if we'll get grey and purple or black and white.

7. Greyryder

Greyryder Kitbashed

I'm not really feeling Prime's vehicle mode. His bot mode looks better, though. I don't know why Hasbro keeps putting yellow on Prime's head.

8. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Actionmaster Super Mod

News Credits:
    oh man....i totally didnt even thnk about them repainting astrotrain...im totally gonna have to buy the japanese version if hes redone and looking good

9. Starscream NZ

Starscream NZ Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm not feeling Bumblebee or Grimlock at all. Prime is nicer without the yellow but that's about it really. Not going to pick any of these up, happy with my Hasbro versions.

10. B-Fox

B-Fox Mahoro de MAMBO!

News Credits:
    Prime - Looks really good with more red and less blue and yellow. Looks as if he has painted blue eyes instead of the Hasbro version's dark blue light-piping,too.

Bumblebee - I wasn't going to bother with him, but the omitting of the white in vehicle-mode mixed with the use of more yellow with seemingly glossy paint as opposed to the pastel-type paint they used in Classics has compelled me to preorder the Bee.

Grimlock - Uh. Not feeling him at all. The addition of the silver paint makes him look like a knock-off toy as it just looks wrong with the grey plastic and dull-gold. And those painted teeth will probably start to wear since Grimmy stands on 'em in robot-mode.

Now bring on Starscream and Megatron, dangnabbit!

11. Backscatter

Backscatter Autobot Brainmaster TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:

Yep, the differences to me don't seem to warrant a new purchse. I still want to see how they do Megs, Astrotrain and Starscream.

12. Tenebrouser

Tenebrouser Craft...or is it crap?

I preordered all of them a few weeks ago. So far I'm not disappointed.

13. shockwave2005

shockwave2005 Well-Known Member

Not bad, but I'm satisfied with my US Classics.

Now once I see Astrotrain and Megatron, that opinion may change somewhat :D 

14. Smokescreen

Smokescreen The Ultimate Gambler TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I agree. The differences don't seem that great to get me to shell out more money. I'm very happy with my Hasbro versions.

15. WhiteMocha

WhiteMocha TFW2005 Supporter

It's ironic that the figures about which everyone is curious, Megatron and Starscream, are the ones not yet shown. :)  I'll echo the curiousity about Astrotrain, too... although, has it even been announced that he is being released over there? I had only heard of the six confirmed figures so far... Prime, 'Bee, Megatron, Starscream, Grimlock, and Mirage. Ah well, the others are almost certain to show up too, I guess.

Anyway, as for these guys, they're interesting variations. I prefer the US versions of Bumblebee and Grimlock. Prime does look nice with less yellow, and with the extra silver paint on his arms. I'll be getting all of these regardless. I like the Classics figures so much that I've pretty much committed myself to getting any version of them out there (even for my least favorite, Grimlock). Some thoughts:

-I kinda dig Bumblebee's yellow forearms and grey fists... though it makes him less distinct from Cliffjumper (whose forearms were also his primary color)
    -are those chrome gold claws on Grimlock, or just a trick of the lighting? That would be sort of neat, though not really fitting with the matte-metallic paint the rest of the Classics figures use
    -I was hoping Grimlock's entire chest assembly would be molded in gold... but I guess the issues with GPS prevent that
    -looking forward to seeing the packaging. Since the figures themselves are fairly similar to the U.S. versions, I've half a mind to display these MISB.
    -if Takara wanted to cause a real Nerd Coup, they could release Cliffjumper with a modified head

Anyhow, no regrets about pre-ordering.

16. _Flashback_

_Flashback_ Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Prime and Bee are definate buys! Bring on Megatron , Astrotrain and Starscream!

17. artiepants

artiepants Just over here punching Unicron.

News Credits:
    yeah, i think I'm with the crowd, Prime's nice, but not really different enough to warrant a purchase, Bumblebee looks really good, but again, not quite 'different enough' to me, and Grimlock actually looks worse IMO.

Eagerly awaiting the 'Cons though, that could be a whole different ballgame.

18. shibamura_prime

shibamura_prime Jumpin' Jellyfish! Super Mod

News Credits:
    I'm digging Prime's new paint, but not enough to shell out the clams to pick him up.

I do have Megs on preorder, and I'm keeping my fingers crossed on Astrotrain.

19. Feralstorm

Feralstorm I ship Nick & Judy TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Looks like each has some token amount of chrome (Prime's grill and bumper, Bumblebee's engine housing, and Grimlock's back & claws), which will undoubtedly attract some buyers. Not bad at all, but next to the original Classics, they look fantastically boring to me. Then again, that's kinda what I expected. I'll wait to see some of the ones where extra G1-ness might help the overall look instead of hindering it.

P.S. (just noticed the posted robot mode photo for Grimlock is still the US-style version.)

Last edited: Dec 21, 2007
  20. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    Grimlock looks terrible. the color changes and chrome just suck. bumblebee looks a bit better, but he should lose the chrome. prime looks better in robot mode, but the vehicle mode looks awful. it does have the only good use of chrome out of the three though.