Takara Animated Rodimus QC issues / advice

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by DarthPrime117, Oct 11, 2010.

1. DarthPrime117

DarthPrime117 Decepticon Air Commander

News Credits:
    Here's the story. I got a Takara Animated Rodimus in from BBTS on Friday. I was so excited to get him because I just love the paint job. I crack him open and he's a QC nightmare (see pics below). I emailed BBTS and of course they are being awesome about it. They offered a full refund and to pay for the shipping. I asked for an exchange instead and they said no problem. However, they also said that if the next one is messed up that I would have to pay to ship it back (which I fully understand).

First question - Has anyone else had the same poor QC?

Second question - Do I send it back for a refund, or chance it and hope the exchanged one is better?

Thanks guys!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. scubaboy31

scubaboy31 Digital Gypsy

News Credits:
    ouch! bad luck dude. hope your new one is better. happy to say my takara rodimus has flawless paint. love this figure, so much better than the US version.

3. unchained5150

unchained5150 Time to Disappear. TFW2005 Supporter

That sucks man =[

Mine has some similar issues but, they're not very noticeable aside from the pin in the main windscreen section. That got put through at an angle so one side sticks up a few millimeters higher than the other. It doesn't effect transformation or general looks but, you -can- tell that it was messed up in production.

BBTS is good about returns and all that so, I'm sure they'll get you a new one or at the very least, your money back.

4. harrismonkey

harrismonkey Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm not sure what I'm looking for/at.

I see the shoddy paint on the face.

Mine has some minor issues in the body paint job- not awful, but not Takara's finest hour. They're easy for me to ignore, so I do.

Otherwise I think mine's fine- but I'm not sure what other problems you're having.

5. DarthPrime117

News Credits:
    The top 3 pics are of missing/chipped paint on the body. The 3 face pics are just 3 different angles. The 3 places on the body are just nitpicks due to the face being so horrible. IMO the figure is un-displayable.

6. Pimpimus Prime

Pimpimus Prime (┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐) TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Takara must be using the same blind painters that Hasbro uses.

7. bignick1693

bignick1693 Maximal

News Credits:
    i have the same face and shoulder issues with the bad paint job. mine also had scratches on the shoulder too but mine is the hasbro version.

8. Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh Mostly Harmless

News Credits:
    Whoa, poor Roddy looks like Galvatron went apeshit on him.

It's cool that BBTS were so nice about it.

9. chrisr291

chrisr291 Master of the Unknown

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    My Animated Hot Rod doesn't have those problems so its worth trying again. It really is a great figure btw, just got it today.

[​IMG]

I'm glad I sprung for the Takara version:rock 

10. unclemarsellus

unclemarsellus Imaginaut

I bought two from BBTS and didn't have issues, thankfully. The one I opened is perfect. It's definitely worth trying again but this is exactly why I usually get two. I like to have options. ;) 

The quality control has been pretty good on the few Takara Animated figures I have but I noticed there could be issues on some of the toys that have hung around longer or been restocked in BBTS. I bought a couple Voyager class Takara Animated figures and the boxes were clearly re-sealed which makes me think that BBTS--in their effort to keep things in stock, I guess--bought someone's returned garbage (presumably). It turned out okay but the QC was definitely shoddy and worse than the new runs I had seen. I don't think BBTS re-sealed them because they've been pretty good about listing returns as opened items on their site if there's nothing major wrong with it. Just a curious anomaly. I don't know if the same would happen with a Deluxe figure. Anyone else noticed this?

11. DarthPrime117

News Credits:
    Thanks for the replies everyone! I think I'm going to go for an exchange and risk it.

12. Type-R

Type-R blissed off my chonk!

News Credits:
    Mine is fine. The orange paint apps seem a little unevenly applied but I guess it's due to the fact that it's applied on top of a layer of clear coating and metallic paint. The orange paint just doesn't spread so evenly.

13. ComicGuy89

ComicGuy89 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Wow, that is crazy, kudos to BBTS for being so considerate! I hope you get a better figure this time.

My Hasbro one has some slight paint chips, but they're only noticeable by close-up looks with an OCD eye. He's a fantastic figure.

14. Alung

Alung Lazybot

News Credits:
    I don't want to open a separate thread about this but anyone getting major cracks and stress marks on their Hasbro Animated Rodimus' lower legs when they try to unplug the lower portions of the legs from the side leg armor thing?

15. Batman

Batman The Dark Knight TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    My Takara one is great, I suggest springing for a replacement.

16. Harbinger

Harbinger ecnayonnA

odd, mines got some of the same issues, same bad headcreast paint (though the grey on the face seems off too which is pretty bad) and the chip on the arm mine has too. though i do have a spare and its not so crippling for me that i dont enjoy the figure.

17. [Wing_Saber-X]

[Wing_Saber-X] BATTLE GAIA!

News Credits:
    Yup. Id say get a new one. :D