Takara and Hasbro, Why have you forsaken me and Mattel embarced me?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by micah1199, Dec 21, 2009.

1. thenatureboywoo

thenatureboywoo Veteran

News Credits:
    I can understand being sad over the ending of a certain toyline, if that is even the case here. But to be all dramatic with the why have you forsaken me thing is a little drama-ish. He-Man is cool, I wouldn't mind collecting that stuff too, but TF's are so friggin cool nowadays to me. And never give up hope that something you like is gone.

2. rodimusconvoy

rodimusconvoy Well-Known Member

How true is this statement.....seriously.....Hasbro has a great distribution compared to Mattel.

You see, there are almost no figures from the latest and current waves of tf that you can say "I cant find this x figure or this y figure" while with Mattel lines (DCUC, JLU and Movie Masters, I'm looking at you) you barely see the latest waves available, they have terrible distribution (fixed since MOTU, but still far away from Hasbro's)

3. Hound & Mirage

Hound & Mirage Rapscallion

I would pre-order an Encore Blaster so fast the internet would break.

4. Lbsammills51

Lbsammills51 Known Member?

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The gap between Encore releases and the fact the next Masterpiece and Alternity figures are unknown at present time just gives me extra time to go after older stuff that I want. The final Animated figures are forthcoming too. I'm fine and my wallet could use a break. Plus hopefully the next releases for Encore/Masterpiece/Alternity will be announced sometime in the next few months and I can look forward to that too.

5. jorod74

jorod74 Psycholagnist (Ret.)

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    This happens at the end of every decade, century or milennia.
    Doomsaying and gnashing of teeth.

Really, Encore has not even scraped the skin off the old pudding yet, so i am sure that it ain't over till the Fort Max sings.

HasTak has been doing a bang-up job lately (better than i expected for the year) and i am actually looking forward to 2010.

so, sip some spiked egg nogg, obsess over the Leader Class sized boxes under the tree and call your accountant on Jan. 04 to move some cash to the TF fund (again.)

it's all good, dood.

6. enkidoamark

enkidoamark Well-Known Member

plenty of good stuff coming out. He-man? Not so much.

7. Foster

Foster Haslab Victory Saber Backer #3 Veteran

News Credits:
    Wat

There are reissue molds on the upcoming schedule. I'm looking forward to the Generations exclusive Skids and Screech set! I love seeing a modern take and new decoes on the old Diaclone molds! With those two, TFC Skids and Crosscut, it's "Honda party, table of four" at my home, in January I believe!

8. Optimus Sledge

Optimus Sledge Yar har fiddle di dee

I think use of the phrase "true fan" is the Godwin's law of Transformerdom. The triple question marks only emphasise how stupid this expression is. Dude, the hobby has moved on in the last 25 years. If you're not interested in that, fine. Good for you. Stick to what you enjoy. But bleating about the hobby "forsaking" you whilst suggesting Mattel are superior for releasing a handful of He-Man toys? That's laughable. Are those toys even available in stores?

9. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Wields Mjolnir!

News Credits:
    Mattel has embraced you? Really? I also get some DCUC and MOTUC and frankly I'm glad I don't get many of them, collecting either line the way I collect a series like Animated would drive me insane and cause me to rage quit the line.

I had a preorder for half a year for DCUC Black Adam, which gets cancelled because Mattel didn't produce enough stock. I never saw wave 5, or most of several other waves. Four of 19 MOTUC figures didn't last an hour on the website with another 4 not lasting that day. Furthermore should you manage to visit Matty Collector on launch day, manage to get your products before they sell out and the site doesn't crash, that your product actually ships, if you got a defective MOTUC figure, you're screwed as they don't keep replacements anymore, just a refund (minus shipping fees you pay both ways of course). Their subscription plan is the worst executed plan I've ever seen any business do. People had it spontaneously cancelled, couldn't change the shipping (but they could change the billing) address, figures wouldn't ship until weeks after they went on sale on the website, you couldn't combine monthly sub figures with bonus figures, and heaven help you if you choose end of the year shipping.

Compared against a line with solid communication and easy to find and sufficiently produced products and I have to wonder how you could possibly even suggest that Haskara has forsaken you and Mattel embraced you.

10. micah1199

micah1199 Well-Known Member

Pravus,

I have bought every he-man figure released through mattel and never had a problem. I am sorry that you have had issues with them. I didn't order the subscription so I don't know the story with it.

11. Grimwing

Grimwing Scientist Supreme

News Credits:
    Mattel has done nothing to encourage me to buy a product from them.
    Do to matty collectors anti-mecha focus with stagnant DC comics, and He-Man.

From hasbro this year I do want these movie lines to come to a close. GIJOE and Transformers having film based toy properies on the shelf at same time was giving me a headache. But I did get my fair amount of enjoyment of the toys out of the context of the films. And enjoyed the storylines of the movie video games 55% more than the actual films.

Very much looking forward to the Power Core Combiners, war for cybertron, pursuit of cobra, and the new cartoons.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2009
  12. RodimusDawg

RodimusDawg Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah good luck on that front. :peoples: 

13. megatronski

megatronski Flamewar's strongest soldier

News Credits:
    hasbro/takara is not forsaking you, you have forsaken it.