Takara and Hasbro, Why have you forsaken me and Mattel embarced me?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by micah1199, Dec 21, 2009.

1. micah1199

micah1199 Well-Known Member

Dear Forum,

I feel forsaken now that the encore line is over or at least over for now since I got my big mission 3 set and no more encore announcements. I feel sad that the GI Joe classics line is over. I hate the movie figures,b ut next years pursuit of cobra looks cool. The only company I am really digging toy wise now is mattel with their classic he-man line. How does the rest of the forum feel? BTW does anyone have any definite scoop if the encore line is truly over? I remember when the tf collection line ended and we got confirmation from takara.

Thanks all

2. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    I feel fine. I've no qualms with the modern lines. Love the Animated look (which I am sad to see go), love the movie look, and if we end up having War for Cybertron as our next line..I love the look of that too.

As for more collector oriented things, eh well there's still Masterpiece, Alternity, and fan made figures (cannot wait to get my hands on Knight Morpher Commander).

3. wildfly

wildfly Lasers, 8 O'Clock, Day 1.

News Credits:
    Not exactly the first time a little while has gone without any new Encore product announcements is it?

You will have noticed that several Takara items have been delayed or rescheduled in the last year or so.

My guess is that because Takara and Hasbro are using the same factories, production resources are limited, and some non-movie items are having to take second place.

Now, the first part of the movie line is over, but there are still new (movie) toys due next year, and whether you're pro-movie, anti-movie, or movie neutral, those toys ARE going to outsell Encore products.

In short: I'm suggesting that Takara haven't solicited any new Encore items because they don't know when they can actually release them. Reissues never really end, their release schedule just becomes uncertain.

4. Megatronwp38

Megatronwp38 Megatron? Is that you!?!?

Nope, fine here as well. There is still plenty of stuff to buy. I just wish they would release Season 3 of Animated on DVD. I have having incomplete series on DVD.

As far as Encore being over? It may be, Takara hardly ever comes out and says a line is over. They didn't with BT. We all thought it was, then we got 4 more and no more since.

5. Optimus Sledge

Optimus Sledge Yar har fiddle di dee

If your only interest is in buying reissues of 25 year old toys, I think it's more that you have forsaken the hobby than HasTak has forsaken you.

6. ams

ams Generation All Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    No complaints here... would like to see a few more Marvel Legends hitting the shelves, but there has certainly been copious amounts of Transformers, GIJoe and Marvel product over the last year. If you can't find anything to like in all that, maybe it's time for a break.

7. Cyber-Kun

Cyber-Kun UNLEASHED!

News Credits:
    Hasbro has been pleasing me all over, with Marvel Universe, Transformers Animated, and some of the ROTF stuff.
    Mattel on the other hand... the DC Universe Infiniti Heroes suck ASS

8. ORIO

ORIO Plant-Based Bot Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    It hasn't been declared over.

You also have the unknown to get excited about. Power Core Combiners might be the bees knees.

9. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Mattel is evil. DCUC is constantly abused. Such a great line and I've never seen it on pegs.

Except they don't. :/

10. MACRAPTRON

MACRAPTRON Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The HasTakTomy conglomerate got a lot of money from me this year, I have no complaints.

11. Tiller

Tiller I don't know nothin'

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Animated had me covered since I only like a few specific movie toys (HA line and Leader OP) Then again reissues and G1 stuff aren't my thing.

12. cartertime

cartertime Well-Known Member

What a stupid thing to say. I only buy G1 and that is mainly made up of the reissues from the past 9 years. Am i no longer a true TF fan because of this???

And staying on topic, i dont think Encore has ended. Just give it time.

13. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    Way to put words in his mouth.

14. Waverider

Waverider Supreme Dude TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    So what makes a true TF fan?

15. MACRAPTRON

MACRAPTRON Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    What about Encore Skids?
    We got Combaticons. Sky Lynx. Omega Supreme. Metroplex.
    I'm pretty sure they won't stop, just give them time.

16. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Your opinion was noted. Now get lost. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Wow. The true fan nonsense has started again... seriously, different strokes for different folks guys.

Anyways, not really bothered by a whole lot. I didn't have a whole lot of interest in the movie stuff from this year, but there are a few new movie lines comming out next year, not to mention new Animated stuff, that has caught my eye. I'm also looking forward to the Power Core Combiners... very interested to see when we get an official announcement from Hasbro.

There's also plenty of Takara items that have kept my interest this past year as well. Frankly, I'm hoping for the 'canceled' Device Label Blaster to get an eventual release. Ravage was just too awesome and I need a Blaster to fight my Music Label Soundwave!

As for Mattel... yeah, they've got my attention too sadly. I love both DCUC and MOTU Classics, but getting them is a pain in the arse. Seriously, fighting the ROS once a month on Matty to get the new MOTU figures is sad... and dealing with Digital River is even more so, but it's either that or buy them at crazy inflated prices off BBTS or eBay. DCUC is hit and miss at retail (like, crazy hit and miss...) to the point that it becomes cheaper sometimes to pay the inflated BBTS or eBay prices instead of wasting my gas on the constant hunt.

17. Bumblethumper

Bumblethumper old misery guts

News Credits:
    Classics will be back in some form sooner or later(it'll probably happen sometime in the 2nd half of 2010). You should be glad they don't cater to you year-round. It's nice to have a break.

18. guard convoy

guard convoy The Big Daddy

News Credits:
    ugh i am tired of the "encore is over since we got no announcemnts" threads ugh.....does everyone forget what happened with encore metroplex? after the release of thundercracker/skywarp everyone was like "no annoucement? guess encore is over" and then we got the announcement of encore #12 metroplex....just be patient, i bet it will be a rerelease of blaster for the cassettes or something huge since it is encore #20

also, classics, animated, and movie FTW

19. wildfly

wildfly Lasers, 8 O'Clock, Day 1.

News Credits:

Look past the fact that some of your favorite characters have changed overs the years, and you may discover that you've been denying yourself some rather interesting toys.

Yes, ROTF Prime isn't the Prime we grew up with, but simply as a toy, it's very impressive.

20. Tiller

Tiller I don't know nothin'

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    No. It's that you shouldn't be expected to be catered to since the encore line market is tiny compared to the popularity of the new and current lines. You should give it time like you said, as it's only a matter of time before they throw a few more bones to the fella's who like their's retro. :p