Takara AA-06 Sidearm Sideswipe

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Cheem The Rup, Nov 13, 2010.

1. Cheem The Rup

Cheem The Rup Well-Known Member

News Credits:
  2. DolphinMoo

DolphinMoo Well-Known Member

I think the hasbro version looks nicer than the takara one and it and it is a lot cheaper...

3. [Wing_Saber-X]

[Wing_Saber-X] BATTLE GAIA!

News Credits:
    Will get!

4. HMRC4EVR

HMRC4EVR Well-Known Member

5. Wollstone

Wollstone Banned

I hope it gets another red Swerve repaint.

6. process

process Hanlon's razor Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    It's been out for at least a month or so.

7. Automorpher

Automorpher Autobot Slut!

News Credits:
    Looks good??

I'd seen the actual toy & he IS good.

No offenses to the folks who liked the US version but I seriously think this rocks your socks off!

Both him & AA Elita-1. :drunk 

8. WhiteMocha

WhiteMocha TFW2005 Supporter

Yeah, I ordered this version instead of picking up the US version, and it's great. Sure it looks a little more jigsawed in car mode, but man, the robot mode is just fantastic.

I had really been a fan of the first deluxe Sideswipe, but this one made it feel like an Energon toy. It just looks and feels like a more detailed, complex toy. Of course, the mold is the same as the U.S. version, but I think the Takara paintjob and purple windows make it look classier.

9. HMRC4EVR

HMRC4EVR Well-Known Member

Can I asked where you got him from?

If he's been released in any quanties I can't find anyone with them for sale.

Just out of the box figures running 30.00+ and that's before shipping.

Thanks!

10. Sentinel

Sentinel TF Museum Curator Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    I am so glad I was able to pick this up. I have a student that is living in Tokyo and came back for the holidays. She was nice enough to run to the local TRU and grab one for me. Otherwise they are becoming kind of difficult to come by. I couldn't find one on BBTS, TFsource, or even eBay, and all of those are running $35+, so to be able to get one from her was pretty nice.

Overall the figure is much nicer than the Hasbro version. I very much prefer the paint job and for some reason the fit on this figure is much better than my Hasbro version. Anyway, if you have the means and haven't yet spent the money, I suggest getting the Takara version.

11. starscream-99

starscream-99 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Looks good but not worth the price to me.

12. mynamehere

mynamehere Well-Known Member

Hmm, while the red flame design on the Hasbro version isn't that great, the flame does serve to distract and make the jigsaw puzzle hood not as noticeable. On the Takara version I can't help but notice and fixate on that jigsaw hood, which IMO looks as ugh as the flames, so not worth the extra price to me either.

And seems like they could have went with simpler straight lines on the hood instead? Those angled cuts don't even seem to be integral or necessary for the robot mode? The upcoming generations Kup has similar aesthetic design choice on the doors in alt mode. The cut on the doors is curved so looks bit weird like its cracked. But seems like they could have went with a simpler straight line across the door and not hurt the robot mode.

13. WhiteMocha

WhiteMocha TFW2005 Supporter

I originally picked him up from BBTS. But hm, yeah, looks like they are sold out now. And I don't see him listed on Hobbylink Japan or TFSource. I'm surprised, I didn't realize he would be so popular.

14. trence5

trence5 Well-Known Member

:rock If, and I mean I were to get a movie Sideswipe I'm going for the cheapest one... because plan to repaint it - G-1 style

15. Pun-3X

Pun-3X Well-Known Member

Yeah, bought one at Ross for $7, stripped down the red flame pattern (and some of the silver paint went with it) repainted the entire front with Tamiya Silver Leaf spray paint--which is the same shade of silver--and I have the exact same thing.

Except he's got awesomely tinted red windows.

And he was $7.00 :D 

I'm always torn between him and the original. This one looks awesome, but I have a hard time getting past his arms being just that bit too short (to me) and his head being much smaller. But I never liked the door-blades or backpack of the original all too much. I think because he's newer to my collection, I lean towards "Sidearm." Guns are awesome, torso and legs seem more movie accurate, and at least he stands better. :) 

16. harrismonkey

harrismonkey Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Another great thing about this mold-

In the picture on the front page the foot wheels are more or less turned the wrong way (even though the directions don't mention turning them).

If you compare the shape of his feet to HA Sideswipe after reversing them, the details of the mold seem to match which strongly suggests the mold was designed to be done this way instead of the way the directions say.

If you turn them so they face in, the front balance toe thing actually folds in completely so you can't see it. The toy balances fantastically this way (you'll be surprised how stable it is), and it pretty much looks like he's actually standing on his wheels!!!

17. Markatron

Markatron Well-Known Member

You think? He is WAY better than the original mold! Minus the fact that this one has no swords ...

18. Timesynch

Timesynch Is a Bad Hombre!

News Credits:
    Zombie thread, rise from the grave! But yeah, I dig the Sidearm Sideswipe mold more than the original ROTF one (not to say that that one is bad because it's not) since I dig the guns (and gun storage) to recreate the "Mexican standoff" scene with the Dreads from DOTM, his feet are much more stable/balanced, and the uniform silver Takara colors are just lovely. You can get Shapeways swords for the Sidearm version of the mold if you want to give Swipes some arm blades.