Takara 2010 Unicron and Primus

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by dontuhatepants, Aug 15, 2012.

1. dontuhatepants

dontuhatepants Active Member

Hey team,

New to the forum and enjoying the knowledge being passed around.

Im an old school fan, not really up to speed with the TF univere post the 90's..

Have finally reached a point in my life where everything else is sorted so I can finally focus a little financial enjoyment on myself and I always wanted to pick up some TF toys I like and put display them in the "man cave".

Was recently in Japan and managed to get myself an MP10 Optimus and was stoked. This was the beginning of my collection. I dont want to get much, just bits and pieces that really stand out to me, things the inner child in me can look at just be proud to note that yep, i finally got what i always wanted to get..

So my point -

I am looking to get my hands on unopened (new) Takara 2010 Unicron and Primus (the awesome boxs that link up as such), but am realising after several hours on the net that I am about 18 months too late to just grab them from the known (at least to me) TF vendors online. I seriously feel like I can't find what I am looking for, which is pretty much a first for me and the Internet haha.

Anyone wouldnt have a line on somewhere I could look would they? International shipping is a must, only interested in brand spanking new (MISB)..

apologies if I havent approached the forum or its members in the correct manner. All feedback welcome.

Cheers guys.

2. opt1musaber

opt1musaber Victory Saber's Recruit

News Credits:
    Ebay or try looking on the Junkion exchange. There were a few MISB floating around on ebay, some are still reasonable.

3. dontuhatepants

found only one Unicron on ebay (used) and one primus (new) before I hit up the forum.

Am quite surprised at how hard a time I am having tracking these guys down. Are they ridiculously rare or am I just shopping in the wrong season or something?

4. Xzbit

Xzbit Well-Known Member

they do pop up every now and then here for about $150 each.

5. dontuhatepants

So I took the plunge and picked up the one new Primus I could find, via ebay. Expensive buy I feel, so hopefully I can get Unicron a tad more closer to what people are suggesting they are worth.

Arrived today. Left the bubblewrap on as we are moving in 3 weeks (why re-wrap it) but thought I would share none the less..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I tore a small hole to make sure the box was new and unopened as advertised (it was).

[​IMG]

Compared to my first purchase, Takara MP10 Optimus.

[​IMG]

Thought I would share. Thanks for the info to date guys. Looking forward to sharing more and discussing stuff on the forums as time goes on.

Cheers.

6. Knightdramon

Knightdramon Hasbro LIES to the US

News Credits:
    Let us know, when you get one, which one you like the best. Despite being re-issued and repainted at the same time, there's a good 2-3 years gap between their releases, and it shows in planet mode and details.

Had I seen this earlier I would advise you to go after the original Galaxy Force version of Primus due to the awesome G1 retro box, but this one will do just fine.

If I recall correctly both of them [2010 re-issues] were clearanced after some months because they would not move fast enough.

Definitely indulge yourself in MP11 Starscream [still in circulation at places], MP09 Rodimus [aim for a v2.0] and an MP08 Grimlock to go with your MP10.

7. dontuhatepants

Thanks Knightdramon, but I actually want the 2010 reissues.

In all honesty at this point in time I probably wont open them. End game for me is just to have a few pieces I am happy with, boxed and new, up on the shelves in my one day man-cave (if that ever happens).

Of the masterpieces I will definately get rodimus (almost picked him up when I was in Japan last, but found optimus and had to go for him instead) and Grimlock and I really am looking forward to Soundwave and Sunstorm. Never been a starscream fan so would likely let him be :) 

Want to pick up some of the encore pieces also, omega surpreme, bruticus, devastator, etc.. but this is going to be a long term goal, not something that happens quickly (which I am sure is the case for most of you guys)

Understood maybe in 2010 unicron and primus may have been easy to obtain. At this point in time that isnt the case though.

Definately want to hunt a 2010 predaking..

8. alldarker

alldarker M.A.S.K. Crusader

News Credits:
    Just know that lots of Takara 2010 Unicrons have a production mistake, in that both of the planet-halve's teeth are the same, meaning they do not mesh into each other like they should, but have points which touch each other. It's a very common problem. It was also the reason for me to open up Unicron's box, alas only to find out mine had that mistake. Most definitely not a major flaw BTW.

9. dontuhatepants

Thanks alldarker. noticed that comment from a few youtube reviews - the person in charge of Quality Control on that run must have been MIA.