Takara 2 pack Jetpower Prime vs. DotM Ultimate Prime vs. Takara Jetwing Prime

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by lohan, Aug 10, 2011.

1. lohan

lohan Member

Here we have 3 versions of a powered-up Optimus Prime. I would like to know, which one of these you would crown the best figure. The only aspect that absolutely doesn't play a role here is the pricepoint. Just imagine you could pick just one figure for your own collection for free. Which one would it be and why?

Takara 2-Pack Jetpower Prime has the best paint job by far plus Buster Prime is definitely the best mold of Rotf Prime. The 2-pack Jetfire also has a superb painting. Combined Jetpower prime is a beast to behold. On the flipside one could argue that this figure consists basically of a Buster Prime holding Jetfire as a giant backpack. I like the fact that everything here is transformable since Jetpower Prime transforms into 2 separate figures.

Ultimate Optimus Prime: In my opinion the Optimus figure alone is inferior to the other figures in question. There is no arguing that the Buster mold wins here in every aspect hands down. Ultimate's big plus here is the fact that Ultimate has a trailer plus this trailer is fully transformable into a badass battle-suit. Again I like the fact that everything the powered-up version consists of is transformable. Combined the Ultimate is a little stiff but looks bad-ass all around.

Jetwing Prime: Jetwing uses the superior Buster mold but lacks the premium paint job of the Takara 2-pack. So the basic Jetwing-Buster is definitely inferior to the 2-pack Jetpower Buster Prime. On the other hand I like the minor improvements of the Buster mold like the added abdomen-area for Jetwing Prime. Also the Jetwing-gatling pack is as bad-ass as it gets. Combined with his Jetwing-pack I think this is the most awesome and menacing looking Prime but there is one major drawback beside the non-premium paint job: The Jetwing- pack is not transformable. Transformed into Alt-mode you are forced to attach this huge Jetwing-pack to the truck which will not longer be a robot in disguise then. This and the non-premium paint job really bothers me since I think that Jetwing is otherwise the most awesome of these 3 figures.

Let me know what you think of these 3 figures. Which one is THE powered-up Optimus Prime?

2. OptionZero

OptionZero Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    All the jet parts or armor parts are shit.

Therefore go with the best version of the prime mold - Buster Prime.

3. The Bucket Kitten

The Bucket Kitten Meow... TFW2005 Supporter

1. Jetwing

2. Jetcorpse :p 

100. "Ultimate" Prime

4. Haloid1177

Haloid1177 Hey, That's Pretty Good TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Jetwing.

5. PoweredConvoy

PoweredConvoy Randy of the Allspark

News Credits:
    Yeah you can't beat the Jet Power 2 Pack Buster Optimus. That figure is simply stunning. I wish they'd release the Leader figure with the DotM changes with a paint job like that.

Randy

6. SydneyY

SydneyY @syd_tfw Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Since I am not too fussy with the paint apps - sure I'd like the premium paint apps, but for me a toy being a fun toy is more important. I go for Jetwing...it's just less frustrating than fiddling with 2 Leader Class toys. And I have a single release Buster Prime anyway :D  I can't comment on Ultimate as I haven't even seen one in person yet.

7. Sentinel

Sentinel TF Museum Curator Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    The two-pack Jetpower Prime. The paint and chrome win the day. Jetwing Prime would be a close second if it came with a premium painted Prime, but as it is with the sub-par paint, it is a distant second.

I personally like the look of Jetpower Prime, plus the fact that everything actually transforms.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2011
  8. rxlthunder

rxlthunder Banned

News Credits:
    This.

9. tfmad2010

tfmad2010 Oh Hai Internet!

News Credits:
    Jetwing.

10. Optimus1138

Optimus1138 Minecraft Addict

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I don't have any of them, but I'd still definitely say the 2-pack Jetpower Prime, since it uses Buster Prime. The powered up form of Jetwing Prime looks better, however, so if you could, you could get both, and then sell the chrome-less Prime from the Jetwing set.

11. EvaUnit13

EvaUnit13 REBUILD

if jetpower and jetwing were the same price, i'd go for jetpower. even if the leader prime were $100, there's no way that the jetwing pack is worth an extra $100.

12. zeroomegazx

zeroomegazx I'm watching you...

News Credits:
    1. jetwing

2. corpse convoy

3. Ultimate Prime

13. daimchoc

daimchoc TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    For Price - get Jetwing Prime. If you can afford the two-pack, then go for it. UOP, is nice to look at in truck/trailer mode (IMHO). There's not a whole lot of articulation in bot mode, unless you get the customs. :thumbs2: 

14. Cracka J

Cracka J TURD PARTY DUMPSTERPIECE TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    jetwing is cool, and I already own the hasbro powered prime with leader jetfire & prime, but If I had a free pick of one out of the 3, I'd still go for the 2 pack just for an opportunity to own buster.

15. Wars

Wars Regular At Swerve's™

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    Tumblr:
    I think Jet Prime is definitely the best of the three. The combined mode is the most accurate, and also the most posable. I don't care too much that he has the basic Hasbro paint job on the Optimus figure, but the changes made to the figure just make it over all awesome.

16. megatroptimus

megatroptimus Translatorminator

News Credits:
    In order of preference (I got them all):

-ROTF Prime + Jetfire (2 great toys and one hell of a monster once combined)
    -DOTM Ultimate Prime (Prime and his trailer, at last! and they combine!)
    -DOTM Jetwing Prime (too expensive for what you get, plus the jetpack looks silly in truck mode)