Taiwan Transformers Sightings

Discussion in 'Transformers Sightings' started by Super_Megatron, Oct 23, 2007.

1. Coldiron

Coldiron Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Yeah the lion bot is the remake of the original one. Thanks for checking. I need to check with my wife and see what part of town she has us staying in.

2. rob_charb

rob_charb Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Okay, I've found a couple of the Lion Bot sets. They go for about $2800 or so, NTD.

• Like Like x 1
  3. prime roller

prime roller introspective reflector

News Credits:
    Try Daming (HeChuan). I was at a sale of theirs recently and they had one for about that price.
    大明玩具(合川)批發零售
    New Taipei City, Zhonghe District, Liancheng Road, 7號
    --AND at 43號!Two locations near each other on the same street (Both have an upstairs).

• Like Like x 1
  4. Coldiron

Ebay:
    I know I will be at Taipei City Mall for sure. Hopefully everything I am looking for will be near that area. Thanks for checking out for me.

5. prime roller

News Credits:
    I'm heading to the Underground Mall today for a quick walk-around. It's at Taipei Main station, section Y. Lots of toy shops.
    Not too familiar with the different versions, or which one you and Rob re talking about above, but I'll snap pics and note prices of any Voltrons I see. Anything else you'd like a fella to keep an eye out for?

• Like Like x 1
  6. Coldiron

Ebay:
    Thanks. I will be looking while I spend a few weeks in Malaysia, but I expect Taiwan to be better for toy shopping. If My goal is to either find a Lion bot (remake of 80s version), a Madtoys King of Beast (3rd party voltron), or SOC Voltron on my trip.
    My wife says I have 3 hours to shop, so I have to figure out what train stop to get off on for the shopping. So I will spend some time over the next month mapping it out. I'm only there for a 24hr layover. So of course part of that time will be spent trying out local food as well. Is there anything Taiwan is famous for food wise?

7. rob_charb

rob_charb Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Stinky tofu. Smells like rotten ass, but tastes great. If you're staying near Taipei Main Station, just hit up Q Square. B3 is full of great eats.

You know, now that I think about it, there's a guy in Shulin that had some Lion Bots. I got mine from him years back. Last time I was there he still had one. I'll swing by Sunday and see if it's still there. Shulin is only about 20 minutes or so from Taipei Main Station by train.

• Like Like x 2
  8. prime roller

News Credits:
    Was just at 合川 Hechuan (大明 Daming). The place is FULL of unpacked boxes. Lots of Marvel, Star Wars, and Transformers. Snapped pics of some new stuff:
    image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg