Tabletop Wargames anyone?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Phoenix Blaze, Mar 9, 2010.

1. Phoenix Blaze

Phoenix Blaze Brain Waster

Does anyone here (and I'm sure some must) play any sort of tabletop wargame?

Like, Hordes, Warmachine, Infinity, malifaux, Warhammer and all of it's variants?

I did a wee search but came up short.

I myself am heavily into the wargaming scene around here and actively play WM/Hordes and Infinity. I used to play Warhammer, 40K, Necromunda, etc for years until, well I just moved on.

So yes, cry out! where are you all?

2. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

You'll probably get more respones in the Toyark. :) 

3. Phoenix Blaze

Really? But they're not toys..........mods, can this be moved please to the Toyark please?

4. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 "No Mas" My Wallet

News Credits:
    I have been interested in them for years but as i live in a rural area there aren't many if any one who plays who can help me learn to play, so i have not bought any of the games

5. Tyrannosaur

Tyrannosaur 100% Sarcastic Saurian

Heroscape= Best strategy game ever. A game where you can actually build the board itself. It's alot of fun and the minifigures that come with it are highly detailed and cool looking.

6. mrhillz

mrhillz Changed his user title. TFW2005 Supporter

Never got into them, I heard they were pretty fun though. The biggest reason I never did was because you had to actually paint your army, etc.

7. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 "No Mas" My Wallet

News Credits:
    Heroscape i have and i have always wanted to set up and leave up an epic battle scene but i got no place to do it

8. Phoenix Blaze

But the building and the painting are some of the best bits! I'm less a gamer and more a converter/painter, so obviously that's my biggest draw, but there's a great sense of satisfaction (one far greater than killing Autobots) in playing a game with a fully painted army, even if you lose, although winning and seeing your opponent utterly crushed is normally the aim.

Home | Privateer Press

Infinity the Game

those are the websites of the two games I play the most, Warmachine and it's sister game Hordes and the other's a game called Infinity. Very different games, radically different styles of sculpting and painting. IMO Infinity has a love/hate thing going on, and I love it.

9. Cavshock

Cavshock Well-Known Member

Heroscape is fun but rather simple.
    I tend to shy away from the games that require mini's, i much prefer cardboard counters. Third Reich, Thirld World War, ASL, and more is what I play.
    The only two games that require minis that I play are Heroscape and Battletech/mechwarrior. Off the top of my head at least.

Chuck

10. Metal Soldier

Metal Soldier The Robot

I've been interested in playing WH40K for a while but don't have anyone to play with. Kinda like trying find people locally to play D&D.

11. Squee

Squee Well-Known Member

I used to play mechwarrior, and heroclicks. Then me and my friends discovered partying. I wish my friends would still play as i wanna start up mechwarrior again, but no one wants to. lol :/

12. jorod74

jorod74 Psycholagnist (Ret.)

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Used to play BattleTech to death back in high school.
    giving away my age, me and my high school buddies used to order gaming materials from Wargames West.

But here where i live, no one to play with really, and i can't read the books/rules and tthings so easily.

I saw a Necromunda setup once that was awesome, but i have no where to put one of my own.

Hell, i'd chip in Beer/Root Beer money if i could just hang out and watch a miniatures battle (WH40K, anything) these days.

13. Riltht

Riltht Full-Time Doomsayer

I have some Heroscape and just bought a 100 Years War "dismounted Generals little bag and some Infinity Demo thing on sale at a comic store. Haven't gotten to painting them yet though. I've been interested in WarMachine, but a wee bit too expensive for me at the moment.

14. Maximum Burn

Maximum Burn JETS AND HELI!! I LIKEY!