Tablet help

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by thecollector, Jun 13, 2012.

1. thecollector

thecollector Fluffernutter Admirer

Hey guys, I'm looking into getting a tablet for the purpose of drawing/art, and I was wondering if any of you could direct me towards an affordable (Under $100) but good quality one. Thanks :) 

2. Treadshot A1

Treadshot A1 Or just 'A1' for short...

Firstly, i think we should clarify something:

Are you looking for a Tablet, or a Tablet PC?

For under $100 for drawing and art, that sounds like a Tablet, in which case i'd suggest looking at Wacom's Bamboo line. They're primarily aimed at the hobbyist, but they are still quality devices as far as my friends tell me.

If you could afford to go a bit more, then Wacom's Intuos line is great. I use an Intuos 4 and am very happy with it. The Intuos 5, the current model, now also supports touch as well as pen input.

If you were looking for a Tablet PC, then you won't find one under $100. The closest is the Kindle Fire, which had an RRP of $198 of the top of my head, maybe more.

3. thecollector

thecollector Fluffernutter Admirer

A tablet, not a tablet PC. I've seen the Bamboos before, they're sounding like a good idea.

4. Cybermnky

Cybermnky Well-Known Member

5. Grimlocks Pretender Shell

Grimlocks Pretender Shell Member of the Church of Quake.

Monoprice make EXCELLENT tablets for under $100 For only $46.40 each when QTY 50+ purchased - 10x6.25 Inches Graphic Drawing Tablet w/ 8 Hot Key | Graphics Tablets w/ Hot Key

This one is way better than a Bamboo. It was suggested to me by a Professional illustrator who replaced his Cintiq with one.

I have one and can recommend them wholeheartedly.

He uses a Cintiq.