TAAO #11

Discussion in 'Transformers Comics Discussion' started by NexusPrime, Jul 5, 2017.

1. RNSrobot

RNSrobot Keeper of the Waspinator Swarm. Blam.

I've entirely given up marvel and dc because of their events and crossovers.

2. battlefudge

battlefudge Well-Known Member

So someone has probably already said this, like 10 times, but SS is going to hook himself into Windblade, I can't decide if Bee will show up in Windblade's head, or Bee and SS. Probably the latter. They will take out Carcer. I imagine during the battle the doctor will discover the extra brain pattern, upon emerging SS will discover Bee is real and will probably have the doctor meet with an accident to cover up, and keep Bee for later for something.
    But the mental tether will have either switched to Windblade, or allow Bee a method of escape.

Just my predictions...

3. rlmiddleton

rlmiddleton Swoopatron

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Sounds plausible. And pretty cool.

4. Focksbot

Focksbot Skeleton Detective

He's Bumblebernie Sanders and Jeremy Corbee-n rolled into one!

In all seriousness, my gut feeling and personal experience - backed up by some science at some point that I've subsequently forgotten - is that forthright hope and optimism is a powerful motivating tool that brings about many advancements previously deemed unrealistic.

By nature, I'm a pessimist/realist, cynic, self-flaggellator, my own worst critic etc, but if I could hypnotise or drug myself into always thinking and acting like everything was achievable, I'd do it - because pragmatically speaking, it would increase my chances of succeeding at anything I wanted to do. The imbecile who believes he can jump the chasm still has a better chance of doing so than the realist who thinks he won't make it.

Which is to say: of course Bumblebee should be succeeding where Prime failed. Prime made grand appeals to reason and responsibility; Bumblebee tells you you're a good person who can do great things.

• Like Like x 4
  5. battlefudge

battlefudge Well-Known Member

I think this is the childhood strength of the old G1 cartoons. How many times was the whole point: "we are parts of a greater whole." Optimus would direct it, but the team would succeed. You need both the optimist and the pragmatist working in tandem to accomplish things. This is probably why Optimus in most modern depictions fails more than he succeeds, because he is lone wolfing an idea. He needs to inspire his team to work together toward a common goal.
    It may sound cheesy, simplistic, or cliche, but is it not true?
    Bee is seems to be working on SS, but SS behaviour has not changed. So is that really success?

• Like Like x 3
  6. Infosaur

Infosaur Well-Known Member

(I hate to break this to my local comic shop but,,,)

As a middle aged man, and father, who's been very busy the last 6 months, I don't know how much longer I can keep up the whole "comic" thing.

My local shop used to be near my office,,, now my office moved! So for the last 2 years picking up my books, even bi-monthly, has become a chore more than a joy (you put in a 16 hour day and then drive 20 minutes out of your way for $40 of books you might not even read for three weeks?)

Some of my favorite books are winding down and or canceling. And some really ended on a whimper (looking at you Letter 44! Thanks for 34 issues of Meh! Unless you like fatalism)

I just dropped GI Joe, couldn't take the weirdness anymore. (I know he sucked on Transformers, but Costa did a really good run on GI Joe) For some reason my shop keeps forgetting to get me ROM, and this whole Hasbro verse seems to have face planted pretty badly.

MASK is kinda interesting but the morph-like tech of the vehicles makes the suspension of disbelief part of my brain hurt.

TAAO was kinda the bright spot in my pull list. Lost Light is going to start a new arc so maybe there's hope but Optimus is a hot mess. And I'm worried that they're going to try to launch a Bayverse comic for the movie.

Now they're rushing to get GI Joe on Cybertron? Ummm, the current Wraith/Inhumanoid infested GI Joe?

Can't say I'm excited about that.

Oh god!

They're going to kill the Margarid version of Starscream aren't they. I can see it now, 4-way psychic battle inside Windblade's head (Carcer, Windblade, Bumblebee and Starscream) some how Bumblebee will get a new body in the real world, Carcer will take over Starscream and the Scott Starscream will have a dramatic death scene. This will be used to handwave away whatever 180 degree personality shift the next writer imposes on Starscream and gets our little yellow menace back into the story line.

It will also negate all of the fucking development that has driven the story for the last 3 years!!!

Universal Reset Switch in 5,,,4,,,3,,,

Exactly.

7. Danny-Boy

Danny-Boy Centurion

News Credits:
    We've already seen Starscream alive in the First Strike preview.

8. Infosaur

No,,,

you've seen Starscream's body.

My theory is that Carcer takes over Starscream's body. They even threw in a line in TAAO #11 that Carcer knew, "strategies in war, ways to charm, ways to fight."

Why does a titan a mile high need to 'charm' anyone?

Oh and I just realized it's Vigilem not Carcer. But Carcer is easier to type.

But I'll be happy to be wrong.

9. Infosaur

I hate when I'm right.

IMG_0397.JPG

10. Boatformer

Boatformer Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    That came out a while ago. And it is amazing.
    Seriously, read it. It's great.

11. Haywired

Haywired Hakunamatatacon

This is a one-shot that was published months ago. Not a start of IDW Bayverse.

12. Deezaster1982

Deezaster1982 Member

I would be surprised if things happened as everyone seems to believe; That Starscream will go and save someone he still considered a threat the week before even though he knows he has more than 50% chance of dying in the process...
    It would be safer to guess that he will send someone else deal with Carcer/Vigilem in Windblade's head.
    I just can't fathom the picture of him going in like "Windblade, I will save you darling, then I will die while you hug my graying corpse like in that vision you had a while ago"

Well, we'll see...