TAAO #11

Discussion in 'Transformers Comics Discussion' started by NexusPrime, Jul 5, 2017.

1. RobotKnight95

RobotKnight95 Unamused and Insane

News Credits:
    SWINDLE LIVES! More great Starscream dialogue and banter with Bee. Windblade and Carcer's battle was fun to look at. Honestly, now I want a 3rd party Windblade that can be used for Carcer...blade? Like someone said earlier enjoyed how her change in will affected her appearance, especially when it showed tiny Windblade (so cute). There's also Final Fantasy/Final Digivolution Windblade which is neat too, i like the nod to her Combiner Hunter form.

Smol windblade is smol.
    tiny windy.png

Masutāfaitā Windblade
    final form wind.png

Windblade's evil tsundere, demon, ghost, vampire, twin sister. Obviously.
    carcerblade.png

• Like Like x 2
  2. Jalaguy

Jalaguy Crusadercon

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Tumblr:
    There is literally no way that we won't see that happen in the finale Annual next year.

• Like Like x 3
  3. RNSrobot

RNSrobot Keeper of the Waspinator Swarm. Blam.

Oh! I missed that Scott gets an annual to cap things off. Huzzah!

• Like Like x 1
  4. Rakzo

Rakzo Peruvian Transformers Fan

Thought this was yet another example of how Scott should focus just on character work in little stories, the problems start appearing once that she tries to handle big stories as a whole, she's simply not made for that. I really love Starscream here.

Solid art as well.

5. Omegashark18

Omegashark18 Combaticon turned Autobot

News Credits:
    That's one thing I think everyone keeps forgetting, the Annual is the true last issue.

6. RNSrobot

RNSrobot Keeper of the Waspinator Swarm. Blam.

I missed that in all the kerfuffle of her original post about the cancellation and all the first strike nonsense.

So, basically, I have two issues of IDW transformers comics left. =\

• Like Like x 1
  7. Joeis4Jord4n

Joeis4Jord4n Well-Known Member

Man, I enjoyed this issue as much as the last!(which I also enjoyed) If you ask me, Scott is putting out the best Transformers comic right now. Shame it's ending in a few months. One little side note isn't about Pitre-Durocher. When she draws certain male characters that are shorter, such as Bumblebee and Blast Off, she kinda makes them look fat. However she nails Airachnid's expressions. You can see the demon in her eyes and smile.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Boatformer

Boatformer Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Well, I mean.
    IDW isn't a charity. TAAO's sales were declining at a rate that by issue 12 they'd be losing money on it.
    So, if you want to take that route, it's the fans who chose to have it finish.

Anyway, this was a fantastic issue, and I wish we were getting more of it.

• Like Like x 2
  9. lordcryotek

lordcryotek Well-Known Member

Damn, that was a good issue. I'm super bummed this series is about to wrap, I feel like she had a lot more stories to tell and IDW should have let her try a little longer because 12 issues is not a lot of time for a new ongoing to build a following. Her portrayal of the Combaticons is one my favorite transformers arcs in years, I love how they legitimately just really like each other.

• Like Like x 3
  10. GoLion

GoLion Sé que me estás robando

News Credits:
    This book. THIS BOOK. Such a fun ride. I'd be a hot mess if this book wasn't delivering right now. I'm saddened that it's ending, but I can tell this one is going to go out with a bang.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Focksbot

Focksbot Skeleton Detective

Great issue, great character work. This is the best Starscream we've ever had, and the best use Bumblebee's been put to for the whole of IDW's run. What a damn shame that more people didn't get into this comic - what a shame the crossover event had to slam through the middle of it right after the first arc.

• Like Like x 7
  12. Zylly103

Zylly103 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Scott's done such an amazing job with Starscream. He finally got what he wanted, only to find out that it was nothing like he thought it was going to be. And to add more fuel to that fire, he's too much of an arrogant bastard to step away, even though he clearly recognizes that everything he does pretty much only exists to make things worse than they ever. No matter the problem, his problem solving skills are so rooted in "utter bastardlyness", it's the only tool he has. It's also become increasingly clear that he's a self-hater who's pretty much incapable of changing who he is.

• Like Like x 1
  13. AnomusPrime

AnomusPrime Very sane, not crazy at all

Such an enjoyable issue. I'm going to miss this series very much. Starscream wins me back a little bit, tho I'm still disappointed that he'd choose to brainwash others. It seems too immoral to me, but I guess not to Starscream. In his mind, this brainwashing perhaps isn't even a great deal of offense, since everybody seems to be better off afterwards. The more I think about it the more likely it appears, reinforced by how he interacted with Blast Off. To him such morality is but a formality. I do think he is beginning to gain a deeper understanding, but he is resisting it.

Windblade too got a nice character moment. It is very to the point just the way I like it. It points out that she knew that she could no longer claim to be such a pure idealist, which is just as well, because pure idealists couldn't always get things moving. Still, she is a nice contrast to Starscream's pure practicality. Windblade is different from both Starscream and Bumblebee. She has a moral compass, a belief in higher principles, but she is willing to make compromises to solve practical problems every now and then. The essential struggle for her is to find how and where to draw the line each time, in adjustment to each practical situation. And I suspect there is no conveniently set of rules for it.

Starscream's relationships with Bumblebee and Windblade are wonderfully illustrated here. Starscream wishes to be entirely self-sufficient, in need of no others whom he can not control. It was a invalid strategy, especially for a leader of his scale. When he apparently lost Bumblebee, he finally became alone with his own shadow. And it is only then he realized that he did need them. So he made excuses to try to bring Windblade back. I wish to see much more about the remarkable, uneasy yet interdependent relationships between those three.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Scrapmaker

Scrapmaker Miniautoquintessoboticon

I'd like to point out that Bumblebee wasn't the only bot in Crystal City when it "imploded." It's a bit of a stretch, but Shockwave was at the center of the whole mess...

EDIT
    To clarify, what I mean is that despite appearances, death is pretty cheap in basically all comics. Especially for relatively big name characters. We've basically been building up to Bumblebee coming back to life, and the only feasible way I can think of him to get out of Crystal City is with the help of Shockwave. Given the nature of his apparent death, it's easy to imagine that a writer would take advantage of the inherently bizarre circumstances surrounding the event and bring him back to life.

This is as good an opportunity as any, I think.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2017
  15. RazorclawX

RazorclawX Campaign Oracle

I don't know about that, considering Swindle is a lot more outgoing/friendly to bots than usual (for his usual smarmy reasons). There isn't enough of him in the issue to make that kind of conclusion.

Oh yeah, and InBeforeSomeoneMakesVortexDateBrawl.

16. lordcryotek

lordcryotek Well-Known Member

I know that's a joke, but they would be the perfect gross couple. Like, everyone knows a couple that are both horrible people, but they're horrible people together. It would kind of fit, combiners are literally fused together, it's about as close as one can get to human intimacy.

• Like Like x 3
  17. Novaburnhilde

Novaburnhilde Neoseed

News Credits:
    Was this the last issue, or is the next one?

[​IMG]

18. Danny-Boy

Danny-Boy Centurion

News Credits:
    Next one. Followed by the Annual later next year.

19. goudan

goudan Bumblebee all the way

News Credits:
    So, Bee and SS are suddenly like... friends now?

20. Lucas35

Lucas35 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Has anyone seen this?