3D Artwork: TA1 Drone Systems: Scanner

Discussion in 'Transformers Fan Art' started by Treadshot A1, Jul 15, 2011.

1. Treadshot A1

Treadshot A1 Or just 'A1' for short...

Based on this pic: http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Image:Decepticontransmitterdrone.jpg

The TA1 Scanner Drone comes in 5 parts: Head, Engine, Wings (x2), Stand. Everything pegs together, and the wings and head can rotate. I recommend Frosted Ultra Detail because it's almost clear, making the stand less obvious. Oh, and of course, you can make the Autobot version as well, just paint it. :) 

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    (The render on the Shapeways site, which shows off the detail better than Sketchup does :lol )

The pegs on the Wings are longer than the corresponding holes in the Engine. This is deliberate, so they stick out a bit, just like how it was depicted in the artwork.

(Buy it from Shapeways here) (Available in Frosted Ultra Detail (recommended) and Frosted Detail, and any Strong and Flexible material, including WSF Polished)

Attached Files:

2. destrongerlupus

destrongerlupus #MoreSawBoss

News Credits:
    Oh THIS I love, I am definitely going to buy one or more, I needs me some Sky Spies!

And don't even get me started if you made "Katherine" or the Diagnostic Drone...

3. Treadshot A1

Thanks bro! You're really good at getting me off my lazy ass supporting me to continue designing. :)  :lol 

For the record, i just bought one of these guys in Frosted Ultra Detail, my first print with the material. I'll probably paint mine up as a Decepticon Transmitter Drone custom.

4. destrongerlupus

destrongerlupus #MoreSawBoss

News Credits:
    Well, I wanna place an order for one of these, but I also want to hit the $25 min, so any chance you could make the null-ray 3 pack available in WSFP as well? I'm dying to try out that material!

D/L

5. Treadshot A1

Yeah, Cax6ton raise that issue with me as well. I've just been a lazy ass these past few days. Just give it 5 minutes or so, and it'll be available, shapeways is running checks now.

It's not actually teh model's issue, just the bounding box was too big, so by rearranging locations of stuff, it'll be fine. WSFP is certainly something i want to see.