3D Artwork: TA1 Drone Systems: Garbage Collection Drone

Discussion in 'Transformers Fan Art' started by Treadshot A1, Aug 23, 2011.

1. Treadshot A1

Treadshot A1 Or just 'A1' for short...

I got really bored the other day, and i ended up spending hours on TFWiki looking at obscure, weird and wacky trivia no one really cares about, when i stumbled across this: TFWiki Image Link

Obviously, just looking at that, i could see major inconsistencies from one bot to another, so i kinda just went for...well, a mix and match of all of them, which led to this:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The model comes printed in 3 pieces: Body, 2x Arms. The wheels actually do work (there's an axle, it's designed to roll right out of the box), and are made with through-axle construction (that's the same axle type as a Hot Wheels car). The lid is also designed to actually open and close, and is also printed as part of the body. Again, it's designed to open and close straight out of the box. The only assembly the model needs is for you to peg in the arms.

In case anyone's wondering, the dimensions of the inside (where you can place garbage) is 16mm x 12mm x 14mm (L x W x H).

The Garbage Collection Drone is available on my Shapeways Shop: by on Shapeways

Hope you guys like it! C&C as usual. :) 

Attached Files:

2. destrongerlupus

destrongerlupus #MoreSawBoss

News Credits:
    Oh SURE model uop crazy obscure things out of sheer good will :p 

I may have to pick one (or more) of these up, I love a little "color" in my displays :) 

3. TedimusPrime

TedimusPrime Part Time Toy Designer

Absolutely FANTASTIC!

I know you're hoping someone says this, but this is your best piece yet: simple, elegant, and well sculpted. When I say sculpting, I mean it. Your detailing on the arms and chest really show improvements!

Grr... I hate not having any skills in 3D modeling. Wish I could bring some of my ideas to life.

4. MegaHavok

MegaHavok Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I like this alot. To be honest some times the simplicity of your designs doesn't always work with some of the complex toys you add them too. However, your style works really well for animated and i could see myself buying a few of these if you had a bigger selection