T.O. Tried to kill himself?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Shipwreck, Sep 27, 2006.

1. Shipwreck

Shipwreck Will smack your bitch

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060927/ap_on_sp_fo_ne/fbn_cowboys_owens_hospitalized;_ylt=Agm_65NOM7mOyUjSwd0lBNGs0NUE;_ylu=X3oDMTA3OTB1amhuBHNlYwNtdHM-

DALLAS - A police report says Dallas Cowboys receiver Terrell Owens attempted suicide by taking pain medication. Owens reportedly put two more pills into his mouth even after fire rescue personnel arrived.

ADVERTISEMENT

A Dallas police report released Wednesday morning said Owens told rescue workers "that he was depressed." The report was first released by WFAA-TV.

The rescue worker "noticed that (his) prescription pain medication was empty and observed (Owens) putting two pills in his mouth," the police report said.

The worker attempted to pry them out with her fingers, then was told by Owens that before this incident he'd taken only five of the 40 pain pills in the bottle he'd emptied. The worker then asked Owens "if he was attempting to harm himself, at which time (he) stated, `Yes.'"

The 32-year-old player broke his right hand Sept. 17 against the Washington Redskins.

Owens had surgery the following day.

Initial reports indicated Owens was hospitalized last night after a reaction to pain medication

2. Liokaiser

Liokaiser Super Mod

News Credits:
    So sad. I knew this guy was nuts. He needs help BIG TIME.

3. Joe Moore

Joe Moore Is Not Jim... Administrator

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    I always though the guy was bipolar. As much as the guy is annoying, I would never wish him to try something like this and never wish harm on him. I hope he gets the help he needs.

4. funkatron101

funkatron101 TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    Well, there goes the Cowboys investment. The guy is just a flake. I wouldn't be suprised if he never plays football again.

Let's see, you've made millions of dollars by doing half of the work of everyone else in the league. You think the world should stop on a dime for you, and most people accomedate that. You get away with far more than the average person would, and you are depressed. Boo fricken hoo.

Let's see how depressed he will really be when 5 years from now he is bankrupt and working at McDonalds. This isn't a suicide attempt, this is just another cry for attention for this Diva.

5. Tenebrouser

Tenebrouser Craft...or is it crap?

God, now we're going to have to hear even more about this guy on the radio and TV. It gets old.

6. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    Never heard of him.

7. funkatron101

Ebay:
    Consider yourself lucky. He is the NFL's biggest crybaby, with a close second to Randy Moss.

8. Shipwreck

Shipwreck Will smack your bitch

I wonder what time the parade starts in Philly.

9. Mr. Jiggles

Mr. Jiggles loves your mother.

I think the Falcons should kill themselves after what happened on MNF.

10. rattrap007

rattrap007 Insert witty comment here TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Maybe his mom should make him some chunky soup.

11. Kickback

Kickback Proud father Administrator Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Tumblr:
    Another publicity stunt. When you're not in the news you do anything you can to get in the news.

12. Mr. Jiggles

Mr. Jiggles loves your mother.

[​IMG]

13. Ktulu

Ktulu Whoosh TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Most likely. Sad innit?

14. .SentinelPrime Is Dead.

.SentinelPrime Is Dead. Banned

Maybe it was an adverse reaction between the pain killers, and steroids. I mean come on. you know 99% of those meat heads shoot the juice.

15. Tenebrouser

Tenebrouser Craft...or is it crap?

Apparently, he'll be holding a press conference in front of his home later today with his agent, Drew Rosenhaus.

Just watching the media lap this up like a bunch of mindless dogs is telling about how stupidly we value professional athletes.

16. Altercron

Altercron Well-Known Member

Im beginning to wonder if celebtrities attempting suicide is just a publiciity stunt...

Of course if it had been a publicity stunt and he had inadvertently killed himself. It wouldn't have been a big loss. Football players a daime a dozen.

Nothing personal to any football players out there. I just have a low opinion of people who don't actually work for the money they make. Granted I enjoy music....and they aren't actually working....hmmm that seems kinda contradictery I'll admit. Maybe its just professional atheleltes I have a low opinion of.

And that's why. If you weren't born with the god-given gift to plow into a 250 lb linebacker. You weren't meant to do it for a living.

17. Razerwire

Razerwire 99 Problems... Super Mod

News Credits:
    God I hate that man... I don't think I could ever hate T.O. but his agent is a whole other story...

T.O. used to live in the same gated community called Avalon on the Fremont/Milpitas border where my parents used to live before they moved to Los Gatos... He lived there because it was close to the Niners' Santa Clara practice facility...

Everytime we'd drive by his house and see him outside, we'd wave to him... He was a nice guy... But we did get a vibe that he was a lonely recluse of a man at home...

18. funkatron101

Ebay:
    I bet most of those athletes that you bash have a far better work ethic than you do. You can argue that they make too much money. But you look ignorant when you say they don't work. Genetics only takes you so far, the rest is busting your ass to be the best.

19. Altercron

Altercron Well-Known Member

Better work ethic than me? I bust my ass everyday for what little bit I have.

Im not saying they don't work as in physical work. Im saying work as in actually accomplishing something. I really have that gripe about all celebrities, even the musicians I like. But musicians have the godgiven skill. Atheletes get the skill from bottles and needles (professional atheletes, I know very few high school athletes who use steriods). And I know that is a generalzation and probably gonna get me flamed but I stand by what I believe. Genetics is everything. If you weren't born with the ability to do something, then you weren't meant to do it.

My problem with celebrities is they have no sense of value for the money they have earned. Its nothing for them to go buy ferraries(?), super expensive clothes, and other stuff that for them is nothing. But for the average joe like me, it would take a long time to make the money.

I'll bet TO gets paid what i get paid in a year to catch a damn ball...So yeah, getting paid too much is part of my gripe too.

20. funkatron101

Ebay:
    Your logic is so flawed it's not even funny. I wasn't born with the ability to play guitar, I learned it. Skills are not god given, skills are aquired through practice and experience.

Who are you to judge what is considered an accomplishment? You see althletes as dumb jocks who catch balls for a living. Thousands of kids see them as inspirations to work harder. Outside of their sport many of them are valued members of their community. They give back to charities, they hold youth programs to keep kids off of the streets.

Your generalizations only further point your ignorant point of view when it comes to athletes.