SXS R-02 Overclocking (Generation 1 Blurr)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Scaleface, May 5, 2013.

1. porkchop123

porkchop123 Well-Known Member

Just received mine from Chimungmung.com and the package box came severely crushed. Overclocking's box was heavily damaged but the figure seems to be ok. Anyone have any luck getting help from Tony on an issue like this? I don't mind a little damage but this this looks like someone ran over it. I keep all my boxes and am slightly OCD about them. Any help would be appriciated.

2. Predakwon

Predakwon ...Green Lantern's light!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I got this guys with FP Volar. My only grip with this and Volar are the leg ratchets. Ugh, really kills the posing and his legs are either boringly straight or spread too far.

But I really like this for my Blurr.

3. dominusveritas

dominusveritas Arizonacon™

News Credits:
    This guy seriously tops my chart of best 3P figures of 2015 to date. Everything about him screams Blurr, and the QC and plastic quality are top notch. I was surprised when I got him at how solid and good looking he is. I recommend everyone run out and pick him up. Like, yesterday, people!

4. iamgnahk

iamgnahk Well-Known Member

To everyone who has this guy: is he worth the retail price?

While I am very interested in his as a character and figure, I'm uneasy about spending the money on a figure that may or may not be on the level of Variable.

Also, does the limited leg ratcheting hinder it as a figure at all?If so, any remedies to this?

5. Tekkaman Blade

Tekkaman Blade Professor of Animation

News Credits:
    Did some minor repainting on mine, I think it looks better

[​IMG]

6. BulletSponge

BulletSponge Well-Known Member

It is a great figure and I don't regret paying retail for it. The quality is miles above the previous sxs gears figure. (I got him on clearance btw). I suspect this figure will sell out before it makes it to a clearance bin.
    Seriously, it really is a great 3rd party offering.

7. malcontentman

malcontentman Cybertronian James Cagney

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    Wow, I did not know how much I love this guy! It is so easy to get him into good running poses. Great update for Blurr in what I would call a G3 Blurr... and that Energon Claw Gun thing is awesome:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 15, 2015
  8. Nemesis251

Nemesis251 Gas Powered Stick

I've said this before and I'll say it again..... This needs a Shattered Glass repaint complete with eyepatch

9. robotmel

robotmel Junkyard Zombie

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    [​IMG]

:D  "Back in a mo..."

10. malcontentman

malcontentman Cybertronian James Cagney

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    Just for a little dramatic effect... ;) 

[​IMG]

11. TFXProtector

TFXProtector Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Got this in a couple of days ago and I must say, he's a fantastic Blurr figure. To be honest, he's the best I've ever had and seen. SXS listened to the people who made complaints about Gears (Continuously Variable) and the difference between the two figures is night and day.

Much denser plastics, much more weight, far more complexity, a terrific range of movement and they NAILED the face/headsculpt. He fits in with CHUGs nicely and due to his robust construction, he's one you can actually play with, unlike the Masterpiece line he seems to have been intended for.

If you're on the fence about quality, don't be. He's rock solid. If you're on the fence because of SXS, don't be. They stepped up their game hardcore. If you're worried about the price tag, yeah, it stings a bit, but buyer's remorse just isn't in the cards for this one, he's that nice. *sighs* Finally, a GOOD Blurr figure. Only took about THREE decades.

12. SuperGrimlock

SuperGrimlock Cybertron Driver License

I was on the fence for this guy but after finally watching Emgo's review I was curious once more and after seeing him with more comparisons and in a little better lighting than Emgo's video, which he did suggest didn't help the figure, I have to say he is definitely on my list to get now. Gonna be a little while before I can pick him up but I think he will fit in nicely.

13. Timesynch

Timesynch I still function! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Just cracked this guy open and I have to say I'm impressed by Overclocking. He's a very cool Blurr update and hits a lot of IDW buttons for me (even if he's slightly more chunky than I'd like). Agreed that he can get into a lot of awesome poses, especially the running kind. Alt mode is pretty nifty too and very chunky/weighty in the hand yet sleek. I dig him a lot. I'm still not too crazy about his price but I did get him for under the $100 USD mark at Captured Prey.

14. TFXProtector

News Credits:
    I love him to pieces. He's one figure I can't get enough of.

15. Nemesis251

Nemesis251 Gas Powered Stick

I'll say it again, this would be a kickass Shattered Glass Blurr. Just give him his damaged face/eyepatch.

16. Deceptimatrix

Deceptimatrix Warrior Elite

Easily one of the most underrated figures of the year

[​IMG]

17. TattooedRobot

TattooedRobot Dead since the 80’s corpse animated by caffeine TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Guy is awesome. Completely underrated. One of many figures that will be more popular down the road once the MP frenzy subsides. Have to get through 5 unnecessary MP Hounds first.

18. TFXProtector

News Credits:
    Indeed. I just finished putting the Reprolabels on him this evening and he looks fantastic. It's crazy how stickers with the same two tones of blue his plastic has can make a difference. They really tend to break up the monotony.

I personally don't find him MP-ish by any means. He feels much better with a CHUG collection, I think. A tad tall, sure, but he seems to scale better, a lot better than I had originally expected. He looks really nice next to CW Magnus.

Man, I need to break out my camera and snap a group photo of the Neo-G1 cast...

19. Hicks_Royel

Hicks_Royel Possibly a manchildren...maybe?

News Credits:
    He does stand fairly solid alongside Gen Springer and MMC Arcee. I hope that Hot Rod we saw teasers of a while back comes about to round out the set. [Doubting we ever get a Kup.]

20. Shockwave-the-Magnificent

Shockwave-the-Magnificent Plus-size Class

We'll get Kup - it's Trailbreaker that worries me