SWTF News: No Droids

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Foster, Jan 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. netkid

netkid Where's my Goddamn shoe!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I imagined them all to transform like this:

The Troop Transport > Destroyer Droid: Can be a shell-former, making the "brown" outside of the transport break up into all those "brown" panels found on the Destroyer Droid's body. All the other parts of the Destroyer Droid's robot mode are hidden away under the brown panels of the Troop Transport, and those front guns on the Transport would become the Destroyer Droid's arm guns in robot mode.

Imperial Tie-Interceptor > Royal guard: The ship's wings become the robe of the Royal Guard. the side sections that connect the wings to the body of the ship will become the arms and legs and lower torso of the Royal Guard. The body of the craft becomes the upper torso and head of the Royal guard. The Royal Guard's staff weapon will separate into 2 parts and be hidden away on each of the Tie Interceptor's wings.

Trade Federation Tank > B-1 Battle Droid: The tank's cannon/turret becomes Droid's backpack & the barrel from the turret become the backpack's antenna. Front "bubble" of tank becomes the Droid's body and head. Lower "half-disc" section split apart into Droid's arms and legs. The small guns on each side of the tank remove to combine into the Droid's blaster rifle.

STAP > B-1 Battle Droid: The top of the STAP could become the backpack/main body and it's two cannons could become the backpack's 2 antennas for the B-1 Battle Droid robot mode. The head for the Droid would come out of the top section of the STAP. The lower part of the STAP would fold back towards the handlebars and split apart into the arms and legs of the Droid.

Hailfire Droid > Super Battle Droid: Missile pods detach and will become robot mode's weapons. main body of Hailfire becomes head & upper torso of the super battle droid. the 2 blue sections that hold the wheels of the Hailfire fold in towards the main body and become the lower torso and pelvis of robot mode. The large wheels of the Hailfire do not move! Instead there will be small wheels located on the bottom of the Hailfire Droid's 2 giant wheels. the wheels themselves will split apart (kind like Armada Unicron's "rings") and become the arms and legs for the Super Battle Droid/robot mode. A compartment on one of the wheels that becomes an arm will flip over, exposing the right arm blasters. The removed Missile pods from the Hailfire droid will fit into holes located near the shoulders of the super battle droid, thus giving his robot mode shoulder rockets!

^This way, you would still have a spot in the robot mode's chest for those pesky pilot figures to fit into.

They didn't. That was just an idea for another Star Wars Transformer, and also a way to fit in another type of Tie fighter.

2. Otispq

Otispq Elocution Onymous

News Credits:
    Well, everybody knows that there is such a thing at Walmart, as they track everything don't you know! What do you think those ladies standing behind the computer at the end of the self checkouts are doing, helping you work the checkout? hahaha, yeah right, they're just making sure that they get your fingerprints, height/weight, DNA, and, of course, wether or not your buying toys for an adult or for a child.:crazy: 

3. Matrix Soul

Matrix Soul Skull 4 reporting in!

News Credits:
    Actually, the alt mode of General Grevious SWTF was his unicycle attack bike, so it keeps in line with the theme, R2D2 and C3PO never had their own vehicles, well except for the escape pods I guess... But it would be cool if they were to turn the R2 units into some kind of a mini-con to the fighter ships

4. SMOG

SMOG Vocabchampion ArgueTitan

I find that a very compelling argument right there.

Though I do concede that Imperial Guards are not droids. And while these vehicles are not necessarily piloted by the droids depicted, I would say that the association is still strong enough. Being too explicit with the ship-pilot correlation could probably be said to be one of the great failing points of the SWTF series concept.

heh heh... but then, the thing about StarWars fans and the toys (and to a lesser extent with TF fans as well), just because they're bitching about them, doesn't actually mean that they aren't buying them. :) 

Gotta catch 'em all! ;) 

zmog

5. Hiro Prime

Hiro Prime Cybertronian Guru Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Some good ideas posted here, but the ones I'm still waiting for are...

Jawa - Sandcrawler
    Tuskin Raider - Bantha
    Luke/Han - Tauntaun
    Imperial Scout - Speeder Bike
    Jabba - Sail Barge
    Ben Kenobi - Land Speeder (colors fit better than Luke)
    Sand Trooper - Dewback

I really would like the Jawa as they're my favorite from SW. (they collect robots) :D 

6. netkid

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    ^Heck yeah!

How about:

Rancor > Jabba's Sail Barge.

Those sails would convert nicely into the spines/plates on the Rancor's back.

7. Greyryder

Greyryder Kitbashed

People want robots that turn into vehicles? MADNESS!

:p 

8. Infosaur

Infosaur Ancient Cybertronian

I've always liked the Trade Federation tank. I had a design for a TF based on that at one point. (a straight Transformer, not a SW:TF) Kind of looked like Blot in robot mode. Very chest heavy but powerfull looking.

My only problem with the tank was realizing that the really badass looking rocket tubes would be pretty useless in rough terain as they are mounted so low and appear to be fixed.

oh and I covered this in my comic :D 

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/showpost.php?p=1659238&postcount=298

9. Omegatron

Omegatron Mandatory Fun. Buy it now TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    It's not been 'mostly repaints for a while now.' The last 7 releases were Mace Windu (repaint), Saesee Tinn (new mold), Clone Pilot Gunship (new mold), Luke Snowspeeder (new mold), Commander Cody Turbo Tank (new mold), AT-AT (new mold), and Vader Death Star (new mold). 6 out of 7 is a better ratio than the last 7 alts, or the last 7 titaniums, or the last 7 movie toys. For the most part, the repaints have even had newly-molded heads. The ones that haven't (Fetts and clones) are supposed to look the same anyway. More SWTFs, please!

EDIT: Oops, just looked at my wall of SWTFs, and forgot about the WM-exclusive box set. Make that 6 out of the 8 last releases.
    -Tony!

10. G.B. Blackrock

G.B. Blackrock Autobot Ally

News Credits:
    I'd buy an Imperial Guard as almost anything. And, what's more, since they aren't droids, is there any reason to think that they won't ever be done?

They've done clone troopers, after all....

11. SMOG

SMOG Vocabchampion ArgueTitan

LOL! True... I guess we're all just Jawas here... :) 

zmog

12. Infosaur

Infosaur Ancient Cybertronian

You know in all the versions of SW have we ever seen the IG actually DO anything? (other than look badass in red capes?)

Would be interesting if some one did a story on them. Are they leftover Clone Troops? Droids? Could they beat a Jedi in combat?

13. Frognal

Frognal Prodigal Son Returned

Considering how off the current SWTFs robot modes are to the characters, how could droids be any worse?

14. Deadend

Deadend Spark of Creation

News Credits:
    I loves me some deathstar, but loathe me some ewoks. So as long as we don't start seeing ewok transformers, I'm good. That's when I'll scream bloody murder. Let them kill their own franchise, not take Transformers with it.

Because SWTF are roboticized versions of their pilots. Not the actual pilot. The mini guy they give you of them is like the pilot of the mecha. Or at least that's how i always interpreted it. How can you Roboticize a robot? Although personally I want battle droids that turn into the battle droid drop ships etc. Or ones that combine together to form that.

15. deceptifocus

deceptifocus *Supercharged*

Ebay:
    jawa to sandcrawler, Y wing or B wing to somthing, and a huge Stardestroyer (deathstar size)are needed

oohhh and who can forget an AT-ST :p 

16. Subotnik

Subotnik Please Stand By.

C3PO unleashed would probably involve a feather boa, 3 male strippers, and a police investigation.

17. airfox

airfox TF: Cybertronian Wars!

News Credits:
    I love SWTF as well. Yes, some of the robot-modes are ugly, but I think the line as a whole has more good bot modes than bad. They certainly have improved since the first wave. :p 

I agree 100%.

I think so ... similar to R2-D2 and C-3PO there aren't any SW vehicles with a strong association with Royal Guards. It's sad ... I'd buy a SWTF Royal Guard.

They've done some stuff in the comics.

-airfox

18. netkid

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
  19. airfox

airfox TF: Cybertronian Wars!

News Credits:
    I could only see that *IF* the Interceptor is released first as a TIE Pilot, which is the more widely known version, and then a redeco with a new head as the Royal Guard.

Releasing the Red Royal Guard's Interceptors first would have the same mass appeal as releasing Battle Gaia before Bruticus. ;) 

-airfox

20. G.B. Blackrock

G.B. Blackrock Autobot Ally

News Credits:
    Actually, I'd think Battle Gaia would do quite nicely....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.