SWTF Millenium Falcon - Han Solo and Chewbacca

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by Jonesy, Jun 21, 2006.

1. Jonesy

Jonesy Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I was extremely surprised to have found this set yesterday at Wal-Mart, but am very happy to have done so.

[​IMG]

The figures come packed in robot mode and after taking about 15 minutes to undo a bunch of twisty ties, Han and Chewie were free to roam the table!!

ROBOT MODE:

First impression...the plastic used is MUCH better than other SWTFs like Luke Skywalker/X-Wing fighter, for example. Each figure has a lot of articulation: Han can bend his arms at the shoulders, hands, knees, head, however the mid-arm area is somewhat limiting; VERY similar to how Energon Wing Saber's arms were molded. Chewbacca also has the same amount of articulation as Han, except his hands cannot pivot.

Weapons? PLENTY!!! Chewie has his bow-caster, while Han is carrying a rather hefty blaster which can fire two large missiles. His left shoulder also has a missile that can launch as well.

The pilot figures included in this set are also very durable with hard plastic and look fantastic!!!

One VERY important thing I want to point out about Han Solo: the heels that fold out in robot mode to help him stand were installed wrong. I had to push the tabs through the feet in order for them to fold properly so that he could stand AND in order to transform him later. I don't know if this is going to be a common issue, but I felt the need to point it out.

The paint apps on both figures are very detailed and pleasing to the eye. Han primarily has navy blue details to his arms and legs, while Chewie has a lot of brown and metallic brown paint apps.

MILLENIUM FALCON:

I do not have a pic of this, but after a somewhat challenging transformation, Han and Chewie's combined vehicle mode of the classic Millenium Falcon is just AWESOME to behold!!! It looks just like the ship in the classic films, except that the guns on top are WAY too big for the ship. A necessary change for Han in robot mode, of course.

This set features lights and sounds which is a new addition to the SWTFs... by pressing the button on Han, each time results in a different vocal sample from the movies. If you hold down the button, sounds of the Millenium Falcon firing blaster shots can be heard until you let go. The area lights up red.

The section of Chewbacca is the blue hyperdrive engines and acts very similar; tapping the button results in Wookie speak, while holding it down gives the rumble of the hyper drive. Once the button is pressed, the entire engine area lights up bright blue, which looks quite impressive.

CONCLUSION:

Overall, I feel that the $37 bucks I threw down on this set was WELL worth the price of admission. I am already quite the fan of Star Wars Transformers so far and I feel that this is by far the best of the bunch. My only gripe is the feet tabs on Han, but i'm hoping that it was only my toy and not a result of the entire run being mis-constructed!

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!!!!!

2. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Cool! I've got a soft spot for the SWTFs, and it sounds like Hasbro has done plenty to justify the larger size and price on these two.
    Thanks for the review!

3. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Sounds cool, can't wait to see this set in stores.

4. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    i am so getting it for the L&S.

and sombrero chewie.

does it have the flyby sound effect?

5. Rattrap587

Rattrap587 Maximal Ground Operations

Ebay:
    They are really interesting... But their faces...

6. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    hehe. yeah.

i kinda think chewie is cool tho.

you came in that thing?! youre braver then i thought.

7. Jonesy

Jonesy Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    As far as I can tell, the engine sound effects are a couple versions of the hyperdrive powering up.

8. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    just posting to share my pics.

[​IMG]

the robot mode, as toys, are actually poorly designed. theyre poseable but due to the electronics its very hard to balance.

[​IMG]

the main selling point is how these 2 robots convert into one vehicle, kinda like a reverse duocon. this aspect is very cool.

[​IMG]

size comparison pics with SWTF maul and action fleet falcon. the pics are deceiving. the size disparity is actually much more apparent in person. SWTF falcon is quite chunky in size. also in proportion in relation to AF falcon.

[​IMG]

the effects. pressing the buttons play character dialogue, depressing longer plays ship sound effects. this is also cool.

pros: hefty size, cool combining gimmick and L&S
    cons: poor engineering as poseable action figures.

9. Ogami Daigoro

Ogami Daigoro Blue Lantern Bearer

His hands do pivot, they are just very tight.
    I think I had a similar problem with the heels, but after maneuvering the foot piece around, the tabs swung around properly. I'm not sure we're talking about the same exact thing though.

My overall impression is that I love this behemoth of a SWTF. I can even get over Han's face sculpt as the transformation is cool and interesting enough and the L&S are great. I consider it best in the line over Darth Maul.

10. Gears

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    So how much did this set cost at Walmart?

11. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Reformed Geewunner

News Credits:
    I'm torn. The Falcon is my fav ship in the Star Wars saga, and Han is my fav character. I've been majorly disappointed in SWTFs...I didn't mind Luke too much at first, but Obi Wan and Grevious have been....well Obi Wan's vehicle mode is good at least. I'll really have to think about this one if the plastic and articulation is as good as you guys say...

12. Ogami Daigoro

Ogami Daigoro Blue Lantern Bearer

You were the one who gave me the heads up, TYVM. I think it was around $37 tax included.

13. Gears

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Hmmm...so it's cheaper than $39.99? Well that settles it, tommorow I'm buying one. ;) 

Edit: A day later and it is mine! Man this is one of my fav TFs of all time. The quality far surpasses any SWTF before it. The vehicle and bot modes both hold together very solidly. Great light and sound effects. Love the Han voice recordings. The transformation sequence is both fun and innovative, but not too frustrating. The paint jobs and detailing is great! If you have even the slightest interest in Star Wars you owe it to yourself to BUY THIS SET!!! Also note that Han's shoulders are reversed in the package, but you just need to turn them around so the blue is in front and swing down the arms. Chewies feet need to be fiddled with a bit to get the right position to balance him, same with Han. Just look at the box pics for reference. :thumb 

14. Ktulu

Ktulu Whoosh TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Sorry to be an ass...don't take it the wrong way if you love them, I don't care at all and I'm not saying I'm right and you're wrong, but these, like all the SW transformers, look completely ridiculous to me. Just my opinion!

15. Gears

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Hey guys, I just noticed something on Han that really helps him maintain his balance that I didn't know about. Some of you might not know about this either. This is barely mentioned in the instructions pic, but his feet have flip-out heels (they fold out from the bottom) that help him balance. Check out the pic:
    [​IMG]
    TEH HEELS!

16. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    fav TFs not just fave STWFs?!

wow, pretty high compliment. glad u like em so much.

my only real compliment is the stability. but thats due to the electronics (which are awesome) so its forgiveable.

i know it already has like 5 phrases:
    -may the force be with you
    -i have a bad feeling abt this
    -prepare the jump for lightspeed
    -shes the fastest ship on the fleet
    -charge up the main guns

but i wished they included one more...

..."I ALWAYS SHOOT FIRST!!!"

17. Cheebs

Cheebs Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    Despite the Han head (another 'bot with a bad haircut?) I really need to get this set. I may replace the Han head, I may not.

Looks like a spiffy combiner, and the Falcon is the best SW ship.

18. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    I completely agree.

19. rattrap007

rattrap007 Insert witty comment here TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Just got mine out of layaway (only had it in a day) and I LOVE it..

Han and Chewie are great. You get a great deal for the $$. You get two figures and a lot of heft to it. Plus the electronics rock.

I was expecting the falcon mode to be bigger but that is a good thing. Instead of being huge and very light, it is smaller, more compact and heavy. It makes it kick so much more ass being the size it is. Han and Chewie fold up from big robots to next to nothing in size and make an awesome little Falcon.

Yeah the gun and satellite dish are a little big, but it still is the best of the line by far.

10/10!!

20. mocrzy

mocrzy TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I LOVE this set....it is by FAR the best of the SW TF...& ranks among the better of the Regular TF's too...I give it a 9.91/10

It loses .05 because the Quad laser on top is just a bit too big...., and loses antoher .04 because every time I try to pull down Han's Chest plate & seperate the Falcon halves, It's REALLY secure & I feel Like i may break one of those posts with the force I have to use...But it makes for a VERY stable combined ship, which is why I didn't take away a full .05...)