SWTF: Lt. Thire / Republic Attack Cruiser

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by Chaos Muffin, Nov 25, 2010.

1. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

He's pretty much what you'll expect. No SWTF innovation here. (except maybe the feet. The heels automorph out in a way when you flip the feet up)
    Decent alt mode & average robot mode.

Don't care for the robot mode, it seems pretty pointless to have a gigantic robo pilot lol. It's solid though, everything's stiff and clicks together well.
    The knees only bend back about 45 degrees so it's almost impossible to pose him on one knee. Main issue is the swiveling shoulders feel like they can snap off at anytime.

Cruiser mode is decent. Wish it were a bit sleeker. The part that holds the missle looks a bit awkward sticking out of the bottom. The detailing on the ship is pretty good I guess , could be better though..

Would skip on this guy unless you need a Rebublic Attack Cruiser for display.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Those Marvel Legends display stands fit almost perfectly into the hole beneath that holds his missle.
    [​IMG]

Size
    [​IMG]

-bot pics in next post-

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 25, 2010
  2. Chaos Muffin

Transformation- Just lift & flip a few panels.
    It's very straightfoward.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    then flip
    [​IMG]

giant pic
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

big ass
    [​IMG]

Head swivels 360 degrees. Can't look up or down though.
    [​IMG]

This is the part that makes me nervous.
    The shoulders rotate 360 degrees in the red circled areas, but feels like they'll snap off at anytime since they have 6 tight ratcheting positions instead of free swiveling joints. Not a good combo with the soft plastic.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 25, 2010
  3. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    This thing's supposed to be Thire? He should come with his pistols.

I must say, not by any means a horrible ship. SW fans may find it to toy-y and TF fans may find it boring but I kinda dig it. Won't be buying it but hey, it looks good enough. Not as thick as I thought it'd be.

Makes me wish Hasbro would make a big, uber-detailed cruiser.

4. megatroptimus

megatroptimus Translatorminator

News Credits:
    I bought one at retail in October, I think it's the worst SWTF ever. Too small, too simple, too boring. That thing should have been bigger with electronics or something.

5. Chaos Muffin

This should be a sign, that we want a Cruiser pretty badly. The ship mode will ensure you a successful poop if you stare at it on your throne.

Sorry Hasbro, Lego is still KING when it comes to Star Destroyers, custom Executors & Cruisers. :lol 

6. Cheebs

Cheebs Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    Man, that alt mode is seriously lacking detail. Why make this generic alt mode any way when it is so close to a Star Destroyer? Why would we want this...whatever it is instead of a Star Destroyer anyway?

Eh. If anything it will be fun to kitbash this into Spaceball 1/Mega Maid.

7. ComicGuy89

ComicGuy89 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yes, I agree, but unfortunately Lego has yet to come up with a good Venator-Class Star Destroyer set...I'll keep waiting. :D 

Well, the alt mode is not really generic, it's the main Star Destroyer in the prequels and seen very prominently in Star Wars Episode III. This may seem blasphemous to some, but I actually like the design of the Venator (this Star Destroyer) better compared to the design of the Imperial (from the Original Trilogy), although both are beautiful ships.

As to the Transformer itself, he actually doesn't look half bad, would still be the cheapest way to get a decent Venator.

8. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    do it now! /kup

9. Chaos Muffin

I guess one could use this for an Executor version of the Venator , and display it with some Titanium Venators. Maybe mod it up a bit. The SWTF crap allows you to stretch & open the ship up a little. Could hollow out a bay to hold a smaller Venator, or sumthin

Never heard of the word 'Venator' until Comic Guy mentioned it :lol , thanks dude

10. zephon

zephon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Chest looks like he's wearing a kevlar vest....

I guess the soft plastic would work on those joints as long as soft doesn't equal brittle plastic....

11. Ray Kremer

Ray Kremer Well-Known Member

It's the Clone Wars-era forerunner to the original trilogy-era Star Destroyers. Quite a few ships in the prequels were deliberately designed to evoke ships from the original trilogy, to show a design lineage.

12. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    I just realised, if this is supposed to be Thire... why doesn't he have any of his markings?

Exactly.

This is a Star Destroyer, just an older model. Though to be fair the toy still isn't a great repersentation of the ship it's based off.

13. astrakhan

astrakhan Well-Known Member

Man, if this were about eighteen inches longer, it would be the perfect base for a Mega-Maid/Spaceball-1 custom. As it is, I still might do it.

14. RedAlert Rescue

RedAlert Rescue Banned

News Credits:
    I'll buy him if I can find him, as I like very much the ones that combine the idea of Republic Army Colours for the vehicle and the robot modes.

And in General the Clone Troopers work much better than many of the others like Jedis and so on.

I am getting a bit bored with the line being so specific to the Clone Wars period though as i'd really like things like from the IV-V-VI period ; an A-Wing, B-Wing, (unarmoured) Y-Wing, Sentinel Shuttle, etc...

P.s.

A size comparison picture would be good with other Star Wars Transformers clones in robot mode if possible please.