SWTF Death Vader...

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Mechafire, Mar 13, 2009.

1. Mechafire

Mechafire Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Am I the only one having a REALLY fucking hard time transforming this toy to alt mode?

I took him off the shelf to transform him. An hour, a headache, and several curses later, I threw the thing on the floor in frustration.

I really felt like I was handling an egg with this guy.

2. jametron

jametron Release the Kraken!!!!!!!

News Credits:
    I sincerely HOPE you're talking about the one that turns into the Death Star. I never did pick that one up. But I have the other 2 and well, they shouldn't be giving you this much trouble!

3. swampflight

swampflight Banned

I know your pain...

It seems that almost every review I read about this figure(and going thru it myself after buying it),has one thing in common;trying to fit together the outer "shell" without turning it into something that looks like a jigsaw puzzle wih a couple of pieces gone(Thanx Jim!).The figure itself is one of the best crossover Transformers I ever got so instead of going directly by the instruction sheet,I experimented with the "flaps"(insert your own joke here) and found my own way of changing Darth to Death Star mode by joining the bottom first,then the top,then the middle and it works every time or experiment with it and find a way thats easiest for you.Just one other tip,if you start to get angry(and trust me I did!),just set the figure down until your patience level is normal again because its easier to work with something than to have to go out and buy it again!

4. MidnightBliss

MidnightBliss Well-Known Member

I actually don't have a hard time with him. It all depends on getting the legs into the proper position. If you are having a hard time massaging the panels to fit, start back at the legs and make sure the are straight and bent all the way up.

5. SydneyY

SydneyY @syd_tfw Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    ^ Thanks for the tip. I'll try that one day when I feel like a little challenge :)  He's also so nice in Mecha mode I wasn't too worried about his DS panels not lining up properly.

6. novabeam10

novabeam10 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I got him as well. Its a bit of a pain to get all the flaps neatly locked in place but it has a great end result. I leave him in death star mode for most of the time since I have primus and unicron on both sides I feel compelled to make them give the finger to vader cause his fists are molded and not jointed like the other two guys.

7. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Reformed Geewunner

News Credits:
    I've never been able to get that thing into Death Star mode. I always get really pissed off when I try. I can transform MP Megatron no problem, but this thing is ridiculous. It's all the damn panels.

8. Mechafire

Mechafire Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Of course I'm talking about the Death Star.

9. tusko

tusko Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Flickr:
    No problems here.

10. Bgrngod

Bgrngod Autocon

News Credits:
    I had trouble with it, but got it eventually. Just do the legs first, and the "wings" last. It takes a tiny bit of bending the shell pieces here and there, but not much.

11. Admiral Thrawn

Admiral Thrawn Well-Known Member

Never had any problems and the panels fit perfectly on mine.

:p 

12. Harbinger

Harbinger ecnayonnA

i found if you get the arms and legs in the right position first, then the shell goes together easily.

13. Dormamu

Dormamu I am Broot.

News Credits:
    Darn thing frustrated the heck out of me too. It took some close looks at what the designers did to make it fit right.

Here is what you need to do:
    - Unfold all panels and start setting the panels for the feet into place. Lock the feet and gun into place.
    - Turn the feet at an angle to Vaders helmet.
    - Make sure to turn and lock the arms to the holes on the side of the hips. That's your first connection point.
    - Bend the legs at the waist and hip joints until the feet line up to the helmet
    - Turn the shell back so that its the bottom part of the Star
    - Continue to put the panels into place until they fit. If you did it right, you should be able to open the top flaps on the Star and slide his lightsaber down in, and his cape will fold up into one of the Tie bays.

Good luck!