Minor/Repaint: SWTF Cyberjet Air Raid

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Massdestruction, Jul 11, 2017.

1. Massdestruction

Massdestruction Instrument of Destruction

This is my SWTF Cyberjet Air Raid.

Air Raid is made using Star Wars Transformers Kit Fisto Jedi Starfighter with some parts swapped from other Jedi Starfighters.

I used the Jedi Starfighter because it had a similar feel to the stealth bomber ALT mode of the original Cyberjet Air Raid. It was also ideal due to the removable part of the nosecone that worked well as his weapon.

The first modification is the weapon. The original mold had mo right hand, having the entire forearm being his weapon. I wanted to mimic this while still letting him keep his hand. So the weapon is the nose section that usually just folds up on this mode and connects to the wings. I trimmed a lot from the end and attached a cannon bit from my junk weapons drawer. I cut out two sides of the other end and inserted a bar into it for him to be able to grab on to. I like how the right hand gets hidden and the weapon looks like it's attached directly to the forearm. It is a very impressive looking weapon.

The second modification is the head. I molded the helmet from a Hunt for the Decepticons Tomahawk and the face/visor from a Prime: Beast Hunters Soundwave.

Additional modifications were minor and were mainly to the "wings" to allow them to open up more to mimic the wings on the back of the original mold. Though on the original mold the back wings were pointed over the shoulders, that would have required too much re-engeneering to work with this mold, so I went with them acting as more of a "cape".

Paints used were Testors enamels. Colors used were a custom dark gray metallic, flat black, a custom light blue metallic, flat red and gold.

SWTF Air Raid jet 002.JPG SWTF Air Raid robot 001.JPG SWTF Air Raid robot 002.JPG SWTF Air Raid robot 003.JPG SWTF Air Raid robot 004.JPG SWTF Air Raid robot 005.JPG SWTF Air Raid robot 006.JPG SWTF Air Raid robot 007.JPG SWTF Air Raid robot 008.JPG SWTF Air Raid robot 009.JPG SWTF Air Raid close-up 001.JPG SWTF Air Raid jet 001.JPG SWTF Air Raid jet 003.JPG SWTF Air Raid jet 004.JPG SWTF Air Raid jet 005.JPG SWTF Air Raid jet 006.JPG SWTF Air Raid jet 007.JPG SWTF Air Raid jet 008.JPG SWTF Air Raid jet 009.JPG SWTF Air Raid jet 010.JPG

• Like Like x 2
  2. warhawk

warhawk Well-Known Member

Nice use of the mold. One of the better TF/SW figures in my opinion.

3. PaperSheep

PaperSheep Well-Known Member

I need more TF crossover figures in my life. I like the color palette you've used. What headsculpt is that?

4. shiftypenguin

shiftypenguin Fancy-Pantsless Dancer

News Credits:
    Cool! That alt-mode is slick.

5. Massdestruction

I like the jedi starfighter mold. I have used it twice already, the second one being my Sunstorm. There were some really garbage molds in the line, but a few molds managed to be pretty good. Slowly I am using the good molds to build my SWTF kitbash army.

I am happy with the way the colors turned out. The original toy was almost totally black but I wanted more depth to the color scheme. I liked how the dark gray metallic worked to give the illusion of a slimmer/sleeker ALT mode.

The head is a custom combination of 2 heads. I molded the helmet from a HFTD Tomahawk and the face/visor from a Beast Hunters Soundwave. I used epoxy putty to make molds of the heads and to make epoxy putty copied of the heads. Then cut the faces from the helmets and combined.

6. greboguru

greboguru Psychedelic Brainchild

I turned my SWTF Saesee Tiin into a Titans Return Headmaster.... I love what you did with the central nose/backpack, making it into a gun was inspired.

7. Massdestruction

I remember seeing your Headmaster SWTF bash. Made me toy (pun intended) with the idea of making this bash a headmaster.

We need more SWTF bashers. Too bad the line was cancelled. At least we got a few good molds out of it for bashing. So stay tuned because I still have a few SWTF's in the spare bash bin and you never know when one will spark an idea again.

• Like Like x 1