Minor/Repaint: "Swordplay" with (SG) Big Convoy

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by AutoCon2076, May 4, 2010.

1. AutoCon2076

AutoCon2076 Brightest can in toolshed

Hey there. After a short while I disliked the appearance of the sword for my Big Convoy (http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/radicons-customs/297451-shattered-glass-big-convoy.html), so I decided to revamp it. The sword was stripped of paint, primed, painted, and then came the fun part - sparring it against a grinding tip on a dremmel! Yep... I pretty much attacked the spinning grinder with the sword; deflecting it onto the broad portions of the blade. Then I sat down and added in some pits on the edges. This was my first time attempting to wear down a weapon, but in all I think it turned out pretty well. Let me know what yas think.

~Z

Old Sword:
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

2. Crimsonthunder

Crimsonthunder Well-Known Member

Man...you have blown my mind for the day, you really cut it close too, only 8 more minutes til' tomorrow!

3. Carnivac

Carnivac Survivor

That does look good and I like the wear and tear on the sword. Really puts into my mind that it's been used in battle many times. What's the Prime mold though? I'm not that familiar with it and what's the holes in his chest windows for?

4. AutoCon2076

AutoCon2076 Brightest can in toolshed

Thanks for the kind words. The figure itself started life as a Transformers 2000 "Black Convoy" figure. Black Convoy - Transformers Car Robots - Transformers Resources This figure first debuted in America back in G2 as "Laser Optimus Prime." It was recolored into Ultra Magnus for the Universe line and has been bootlegged quite a few times.

Originally the holes in his chest were covered by stickers. I had to remove the stickers to disassemble him for painting. The holes really dont bother me, but one day I might go back and fill them up.

~Z

5. Carnivac

Carnivac Survivor

Ah right so that's what Laser Prime was. Looks like a pretty good mold for the time.