Minor/Repaint: Swoop

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Shinobitron, Jul 17, 2011.

1. Shinobitron

Shinobitron Cybertronian Ninja

Ebay:
    These have been done before so I'm not breaking any new ground however this does give me an excuse to use up extra figures in my bins!

Swoop started as a Cybertron Brimstone. He was given a new face and a completely new paint job done in the style of G1 Swoop. I made ports on his wings to insert his missile launchers (courtesy of HFTD Jetblade) and a energon battle sword from a SD Gundam.

Thanks for looking,
    Shinobi
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

2. RodimusDawg

RodimusDawg Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Holy Crap I literally had the same idea but never got around to finishing it and never posted pics. I mean even down to the red crest fin on the dino head. Great minds think a like man.

I love the nice clean paint apps on this and the ink washes. I would have gotten rid of the two side fins on his robot head to better represent swoop but that is just what I would have done. The sword is a superb touch. This is definitley inspiring me to get of my ass and finish mine. Top notch job as always Shinobi.

3. HeyMickey

HeyMickey Terrible person

Oooooh.... very nice! I'm gonna have to replicate that myself so I can add Swoop to the classics shelf!

4. hailstarscream

hailstarscream UNICRONIAN

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    wow. i just saw these KO legends size in a Dollar Tree. i think i'll be having a KO WST Swoop soon. always like your work. nice job.

5. Sanchimaru

Sanchimaru Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    great!! good work!

6. Tyripticon

Tyripticon I will crush megatron

remember one thing and one thing only Dinobots RULE!!!!!!

7. Network

Network Well-Known Member

i've seen those before and picked up the brimstone one specifially. just to let you know that the quality was absolutely horrendous...

as for your custom: WOW that looks realllllly good. love the clean look of the paint. and all the tiny tech details of wires and stuff. it really makes it look like a classic 80's toy. add on top that it's brimstone whom i love for his unconventional design. Well done :cool: 

8. Gatchaman

Gatchaman Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    thatooks great, I'm working on a classics swoop using the seeker mold, but can't find the beak, do u think brimstone's beak would work in lieu of a G1 swoop beak?