* Update 8.24.10 - did some work on the head using the Generations Thrust noggin', parts of the G1 Swoop head, and a small ball joint post from one of the little guys that come in the Neo Shifters kits. http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/radicons-customs/320164-swoop-wip.html#post5138981 (link takes you straight to the new updates) * Next up with my G1 Dinobots customs is Swoop. This is an idea I've had kicking around for a while, but never gave it a go until seeing how great rumble619's Swoop is shaping up. You can check it out here: http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/radicons-customs/319468-classic-swoop-dynobot-1-wip.html#post5119402 You can check out my previous G1 Grimlock WIP here (it's still in a WIP stage due to quite a few roadblocks here on the homefront and working with other customs): http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/radicons-customs/285678-g1-grimlock-wip.html#post4434998 rumble619's Swoop really inspired me to get off my rear and give mine a go. It's a bit different from his so far, but they're both distinctively "Swoop". Mad respect to his work and his WIP Swoop! I basically wanted to do something new to keep my mind on some "fun" stuff instead of the serious crap going down with myself and my family right now (some of you already know what's going down). I wanted to upgrade Swoop a bit, since he always seemed kinda small and thin. Once the Classics/Universe Seekers hit, I knew I would eventually do Swoop from one of them. I had originally planned to use one of my Acid Storm figures, but seeing as those are put aside for a future Aerialbots reshell project, I decided to go with rumble619's idea and use a Generations Thrust. I pulled the wings, then cut off the tailfins and the front air intakes with my dremel (cut off wheel). I cut down the back of the legs, removing the rounded parts leading to the thrusters (basically squaring the legs off instead of the back being rounded). I then removed the cockpit/head section (unscrewed them from inside the chest). I shaved off the top tabs that originally set into the front air intakes of the jet, then shaved the rounded area on his back (the part that led up into the cockpit). I then cut and removed the small piece above his rear end (yes, his backside--lol). This allows the legs to swing back much better. I took my G1 Swoop and unscrewed the wings (don't lose these screws or plastic washer pieces if you plan to try this--you'll need 'em later). I also unscrewed the black piece that fit onto G1 Swoop's back (this piece is also used). I took the small gray plastic pieces that were originally screwed in behind the diecast metal of G1 Swoop's chest (these pieces fit between the wings and Swoop's back). I took the Swoop wings and cut off the bottom section tight in the middle of where the bottom screws once screwed in--this opens it up a bit more so that the legs can still swing up some and not hit anything hanging down in the way. Once I had the parts I needed, I went back to the Thrust figure. I took the wings (I left the small tabs where the original landing gear for G1 Swoop was snapped in) and I shaved that piece down a bit, just enough for it to slide into the open groove running down Thrust's back (which was left after shaving earlier). I test fit the wings and found a good position for them that allows the Swoop dino head to still swing down (I also shaved a bit of plastic from Thrust's back to allow the head/neck width of the dino head to swing down easy). Once I figured out where I wanted the wings, I took a small drillbit and drilled holes in Thrust's back (4 holes to screw the G1 Swoop wings into). Once I had those and made sure screws would fit, I positioned it and using the original G1 red washer pieces, I screwed the wings in place--Now here's the catch, I had to use 4 smaller screws--same diameter, just much shorter, to allow the arms to still fold into the chest and not hit the screws). Once I had them in place, I then took the original screws that held the black piece onto Swoop's back and screwed them back in. I did a test transformation and found that the legs now hit the wings a bit and I'm still working on those. I did shave a section from the backside of the legs to allow them to fold in even more, but I may need to add another piece to extend the thighs a bit to allow a smoother fold for the legs on the back. I've also considered leaving the legs at a bit of an angle to give it more bulk in alt mode, but that's still something I'm working on. I then checked to see how the front dino head folded down onto the chest. It hit an area around the crotch, so I took a dremel drill bit and shaved out an area for it to fit and rest into in bot mode. I then took the Thrust launchers and shaved down the missiles to give a more rounded/small look. I took some round styrene tubing and cut a couple of pieces that would allow the launchers to peg into easily--I then glued those next to the old G1 Swoop launcher holes in the wings. That's about it so far. Still doing some leg work on Swoop and I plan to use the Thrust head/face on this, just haven't done anything with it yet (what you see in the pics is still the G1 head/face).