Digibash: SWOOP from TF/Marvel Iron Man

Discussion in 'Transformers Fan Art' started by SMOG, Feb 27, 2008.

1. SMOG

SMOG Vocabchampion ArgueTitan

So after seeing Ravenxl7's awesome idea to turn TF/Marvel Hulk into a WW-style Grimlock, I confess, I had to do my version of Swoop with the TF/Marvel Iron Man...

I did a couple variations of Cartoon colours, and one more G1 toy-based. Usually I prefer the toy deco, but I confess that the blue version is much more striking in this case.

Raven was thinking of doing one too... credit for seeing Swoop in this figure belongs to him! I hope he doesn't mind that I beat him to the digibash. :) 

zmog

Attached Files:

2. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    I wish they hadn't gone so hog-wild on the canopy support bars. Not a bad concept in the 'bash though. Question is would the head still fit with the big crest on its back without hurting the TF scheme.

3. prowl007

prowl007 Axisjump

Great choice of model!

4. SMOG

Yeah, the canopy bars definitely hurt the "realism" of the alt-mode, but it makes him fit better with the Grimlock/Hulk tank, which is very sci-fi.

The crest on Energon Swoop (the head I used for this digibash) is really not so big. Plus it can fold back so it sticks out even less. If the scale of the Iron Man figure matches that head at all, it shouldn't be a problem.

However, it's not like a lot of people just have an Energon Swoop head lying around... it's kind of a hard figure to find, for spare parts or otherwise. So who knows what head could be used instead...?

zmog

5. doomtron

doomtron Hunter

News Credits:
    like the idea. they did a better job with marvel than swtf

6. Lucs

Lucs This Guy!

News Credits:
    That looks nice. Would be pretty sweet to end up getting all 5 dinobots from the marvel line

7. mattarmstrong

mattarmstrong Well-Known Member

I do see this mold fitting as swoop but also what about broadside even though he is a triple changer it could work for his plane mode

8. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Wow this is a good War within Swoop.

9. gargunkle

gargunkle someone

I would totally go for that if I could get a full Dino set. With just two of them not bad but still could be better.

I do not mind the canopy lines myself.

10. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Cool. I'm almost done with my Swoop digibash. Mind if I borrow the head from yours? (can't find one to use for it). It'd be cool if 3 other Crossover figures could make for good kitbashes of the others, making for a complete WW Dinobot set.

11. SMOG

Go ahead! It's just the Energon Swoop head, with a visor I drew on his face. :) 

As for more Crossover figures... the ones we've seen so far are pretty nice, despite the catastrophic potential of such a bad idea. :) 

I heard that Venom is also going to be in the first line of Marvel/TF. I'm curious to see how that one turns out.

zmog

12. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Thanks. I thought I recognized it from something, but couldn't think of what for some reason. Yeah, Venom was confirmed, though we haven't seen any pictures of him. All we know is that he turns into some kind of APC/Jeep type vehicle. It doesn't sound right, but it has potential to be awesome.

13. SMOG

A jeep/APC for Venom? Okaaaaay....

But honestly, that sounds awesome. My interest in these figures is as Transformers first, and Marvel characters secon... well, actually not at all! I'm totally going to behead these things as soon as I get them! :) 

An APC is fine, and will possibly follow the Dinobot/Military theme nicely. I can't wait to see it.

zmog