Customs: Swivel Joints - Where Would I Find Them???

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by Optimist_Prime, May 31, 2008.

1. Optimist_Prime

Optimist_Prime The Original Optimist!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I need a swivel joint for the current energon downshift - wheeljack project I'm working on. Where do you experienced kitbashers get them? What's best source for for smaller swivel joints? Thanks!

2. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    make 'em yourself, or steal 'em off another TF.

3. Ramrider

Ramrider TF Art Lad

Pretty much what Red said. You can scavenge your existing junkers if you have 'em for a suitable joint. But swivel joints are actually not that hard to make from styrene.

All you really need is a circular hole in one half (for the joint to rotate in), and a few circles of thick styrene; one circle that actually rotates in the hole, and another, slightly larger circle that's attached to it to stop the component falling out of the hole.
    Another way, easier for smaller swivel joints (which I used to make a new neck joint when I attached E-Bulkhead's face to Vector Prime) is to use styrene tube as the 'post' piece, and either a small circle of styrene, again to stop it falling out, or (as I used) a small piece of styrene strip glued around the base of the tube.