Switching High Schools

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Soundbytes, Jul 16, 2012.

1. Soundbytes

Soundbytes Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    So for the last 9 months me and my mother have been living in my aunts basement do to a number of reasons such as my parents divorce followed by my father deciding that he cares more about some bitch he met online more than anyone else, so I moved out of his apartment (which I loved) because he kept flying to Seattle (where she lives) and everytime I was at his house she would be there and keep telling my to go away. Also, the fact that the store my mom worked for closed and finally the fact that my aunt lives in my current school district. Now by no mean has this been enjoyable, but it hasn't all been to bad. However, after awile my mom finally got a new job and began looking at apartments online. So I told her that she shouldn't feel obligated to look just in this area as it can be very expensive. Finally, a few weeks ago she found a nice place a couple towns over. Now as far as I know it's official, we're moving there! Im very excited to leave this basement shared with my mom for a house to ourself and a much nicer/finished basement to my self as sort of a game room/collection area. Now here lies my dilemma: As I said, switching schools was not a major issue for me, but it wasn't something I'm exactly jumping for joy about. So what im wondering is if I should Even tell anyone that I'm leaving. One friend of mine who lives on the same road as me knows but that's about it. I really dont have any really close friends at my school (If someone wants to know of the latest superhero movie is worth seeing, I'm there guy.) So I've debated just putting a quick Facebook status announcing my departure, but I guess I figured, why even bother with that? It might just be easier to just see whats in store at this new school. Any comments would be appreciated on either side of the matter, thanks.

2. Wrecker217

Wrecker217 Heart Like a Hand Grenade

News Credits:
    You have to tell them. Otherwise they'll start a "have you seen soundbytes? Last seen in June 2012" hunt.

3. firehawc_69

firehawc_69 cloppers = ignore list

News Credits:
    If you have no friends there, then who are you going to tell? I'd say at least tell your teachers, but I'm sure administration will do that when you transfer anyway. Seems like it wouldn't matter either way really.

But if you do have friends, it'd kind of be a dick move just to up and leave.

4. GFH

GFH The G Squad

News Credits:
    I found out I'd been accepted into my school the last day of ninth grade. I told my good friends and changed my school on Facebook that afternoon. I left without making any sort of fuss or big deal about it. Then again, I was transitioning from a school full of pothead kids whose parents barely made enough to feed them to a private school, and I didn't want to seem like a spoiled bitch. Considering the less-than-tactful comments about me being a sheltered rich emo whore I later received on Facebook, it was the right choice for me to depart suddenly. I can't imagine how they would have reacted to my face. I don't really want to know. Whatever you choose to do, I hope you enjoy your new school and home.

5. Sinnertwin

Sinnertwin Banned

News Credits:
    OrsonClap.gif

6. Macross7

Macross7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Better yet, make up some impressive story to explain your dissapearence. Hint at a family member ratting out the mob & you and your family have to 'disappear' until the trial.

7. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    "I have to go now, my planet needs me."

(Soundbytes died on the way back to his home planet)

8. Starfire22

Starfire22 Wall crawling menace!

News Credits:
    Well good luck switching schools. (The process in itself is a pain the in the ass)