Swindle's head.

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Soundwinder, Feb 3, 2012.

1. Soundwinder

Soundwinder I wind sounds!

Anyone else notice that Swindle's head has been portrayed more consistently as his Alternator's version?

The Alternator got a head that was obviously meant to be Trailbreaker's, but that character was scrapped for licensing purposes. Then in the RotF/Universe redeco of Bruticus Maximus, Swindle was (pretty controversially) swapped and became a helicopter rather than a land-based vehicle. Coincidentally, the figure had a head that resembled the Alternator version.

Finally, the new FoC version (http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/trans...ndle-bruticus-revealed-new-game-informer.html) uses the visor look as well.

I just find it interesting that the relatively random headsculpt that was meant to be someone else seems to be becoming the default for him.

2. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    I guess so. It's nice to make little homages to forgotten aspects of the charecter.

3. Fallout

Fallout Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    it kind of annoys me. swindle's my favorite combaticon and one of the reasons for that was his g1 head (and, in turn, animated) head had a really cool design. this one looks really weird and not swindle-like at all imo.

4. Soundwinder

Yeah... Swindle definitely had one of the most memorable heads of any of the Scramble City limbs, barring Drag Strip and Blade's blue faces.

I'm mixed about it. On one hand, I had both a G1 and G2 Swindle. On the other... I happen to just really LIKE the visor look.

Oh, I almost forgot. In a pretty much unrelated note, Universe Micromaster Swindle has a pretty similar head as well (well, similar face. He has horns, though. Looks more like Jazz, but closer to Alt. Swindle than G1, that's for sure). Not exactly relevant since they're completely unrelated characters, but I thought I'd note it.

5. igniz1984

igniz1984 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    His head reminds me a lot of cybetron hardtop

6. Shatterpoint

Shatterpoint Neato

News Credits:
    Who was later repainted into Cybertron Swindle! :lol 

7. LegoTFGuy

LegoTFGuy Master Builder

So, basically, his colors and placement on Bruticus homages G1, and his head homages everything else. :lol 

8. Soundwinder

Hahahahahahha!

But really, I'm looking forward to this. I hope the figure's mistransformed, though. The shoulders seem too low and the torso too long. Still going to get it, natch.