Swindle toy speculation (SPOILERS!)

Discussion in 'Transformers Animated Discussion' started by Sso02V, Jun 2, 2008.

1. Sso02V

Sso02V Injector Has a Posse

News Credits:
    [​IMG]
    With all the features in his robot mode, It'd be hard to believe that all of them will make it to plastic.

Which ones do you hope/think will make the cut?

I don't expect the chest gatling to make it, seems like it'd be in the way during transformation.

if this is in the wrong place, feel free to move it.

2. blitzwingfan94

blitzwingfan94 Vikings are the bomb!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'd say the arm cannon. And thats about it. Oh and a voice sound box, I loved Fred Willard doing his voice!

3. Silent_Magnus

Silent_Magnus Taint of Primus

News Credits:
    I'd be happy with just the arm cannon.

4. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Really the only one that is a MUST for me is the giant cannon, but I wouldn't complain about the extras unless they didn't damage the figure's articulation or transformation.

The only thing I really want the figure to have is his "B(" face, I don't know why but he looks way better when he's angry but I wouldn't be let down if he comes with his big smile.

5. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Out of all his extra weaponry, I think the one's that pop out/over his shoulders will have a fair chance of making the cut for the toy. The arm cannon is a must, as it's a part of his normal bot-mode. All we currently know about it is that it'll be a Deluxe sized figure. Hopefully we'll get some pictures of a prototype from SDCC, as he's one I can't wait to see how he'll translate into toy form. On the topic of Swindle in general, his voice actor was a little surprising, though definitely a nice surprise. A little voice box would be a really nice addition to him, but it's doubtful imo.

6. BrokenSVT

BrokenSVT It's not broken anymore.

If Magnus' toy can pack heat like it does, surely Swindle can just the same :) 

7. defstar

defstar Autobot...

Only the arm cannon...though it looks too much like Megs...they should have made it smaller or relocated...

8. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah except Magnus' weapons ain't giant guns/shoulder lasers/wrist guns that come out of nowhere and would be extremely hard to do in Deluxe-class sized toys.

9. Rumble02

Rumble02 Radicon of Obliticons

i want the shoulder blastrs.

10. G1Wheeljack

G1Wheeljack Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    As long as he's got the Cannon & bolo tie, I'm good, but I would like either a shoulder cannon or his shield generators.

11. Falldown

Falldown Well-Known Member

If the shoulder cannons are going to be like the ones in the clip I could see them folding back on themselves then down into his back for storage. It would mean holes in his back when they're deployed, but this wouldn't be too big of an issue. Alternatively (looking at Animated Ratchet) they might go with an interchangable clip-on weapon approach. Might be an easier way to get extra weapons on a Deluxe size figure without ruining either mode.

12. jazz4ever

jazz4ever I'm turned on by numbers

i would be happy for just the arm cannon and the pop-out shoulder cannons

13. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Yep. It's one thing to put all that fire power into a Leader class toy, but a completely different thing to even attempt to do the same with a Deluxe class toy.

That wold be cool, and it would definetly be an easy way to get all, if not most, of his extra weaponrey into toy form. Hopefully, no matter what weapons he comes with/doesn't come with, he ends up being a cool toy, and in both modes. I'm also hoping that he has a comeback in Season 3 at some point. Not sure how they could/would do it, but it would be sweet to see more of him in future episodes. Even though he's only been in one episode, and as far as we know, only that one episode, he's now tied with Animated Grimlock as my favorite TF character.

14. Shark Jumper

Shark Jumper さあ、お前の罪を数えろ

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I wouldn't mind a basic swindle with fusion canon, that's all he needs really.

They might pull a Lockdown on us and make a 2nd release repaint with a new pimpin weapon though..

15. Shark Jumper

Shark Jumper さあ、お前の罪を数えろ

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    -_-' these forum hiccups are getting really annoying. I only pressed submit once...

16. Sideways

Sideways Banned

i think it would be cool if Swindle's armaments are attachable in robot mode.

17. Takara_destron

Takara_destron Mainly lurking these days

Ebay:
    If he has the arm cannon and the forcefield prong things I'll be happy. Anything else is a bonus.

18. nkelsch

nkelsch Do you know this Icon? TFW2005 Supporter

With all the awesome characters popping up that need toys, I would be happy with a simple deluxe Swindle. I don't need electronic leader or super detailed voyager to pretend swindle has awesome doo-dads.

19. BB Shockwave

BB Shockwave Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Umm, all the Deluxes had some extra feature so far. Lockdown has two weapons hidden on his right arm (hook and EMP), Prowl has both his shurikens... The way Swindle transforms, I can see his chest easily containing the gatling gun, maybe even with pop-up springs.
    The arm cannon will be a 100% given thing, but it won't be a pop-up weapon, it's impossible to do that - it'll be roof-mounted and removable.

I can also see the shoulder-guns being made. The antennae for the force-field and the double-gun on the right arm will most likely not make it, IMHO.

20. Hiro Prime

Hiro Prime Cybertronian Guru Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I like the idea of add-on weapons like Ratchet so long as the can plug into the proper places shown in the episode.

I have to say I like his head and face with the long neck as it stands out from the rest of the bots who all have the huge chins. (well except for Mixmaster and Snarl, but that's because they both have fat faces.)