Customs: Swindle repaint help!

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by Brawny, Jun 17, 2007.

1. Brawny

Brawny Well-Known Member

okay, I've decided to repaint the movie swindle purple, make him look a bit more like shockwave. So, I'm taking him apart, and there are a few parts I can't get off.
    1. can't get his torso to seperate(however, I did notice a place just behind the right side passenger light that looks like a filled in screwhole.)
    2. His big honkin feet.
    3. His tires.
    And my last question, is there anyway to make the clear part pink and clear? Would that require recasting the piece?
    Thanks in advance for any advice!

2. Chaos Convoy

Chaos Convoy Dai Gurren-Dan member

News Credits:
    Well, I can only really help you on 2 things about this, as I don't have the toy yet myself.

For the tires, get yourself a soldering iron. Use the iron to heat up the large flat head of the pin holding the tires on (I'm assuming it's like other tfs with wheels). After you think the plastic around it is soft enough (usually takes a minute or two) QUICKLY pull on the tire. The plastic will be soft enough to allow the head of the pin to go through and will reform itself to its proper shape as it cools. After you've done that, you can go back with a pair of pliers and pull the pin out without screwing up the tire itself. To put the wheel back on, just use a hammer and a little finesse to tap the pin back into the hole while you have the tire on it.

As for making the clear plastic pink, just use a magic marker. Seriously. A pink magic marker or highlighter or permanent marker. Just make sure you put a clear coat over it (or better yet, mix the ink INTO the clear coat, if you're using something like Future Floor Finish) so it won't come off afterwards. Once you're happy with the coverage/color, put another couple coats of JUST the clear coat and you're good to go.

3. Brawny

Brawny Well-Known Member

Oh, wow thanks!

Curious though, could i use a hair dryer instead of a soldering iron? I use that method to swap out joe heads.

Marker? :D  who've thunk it?

4. Chaos Convoy

Chaos Convoy Dai Gurren-Dan member

News Credits:
    I don't think a hair dryer would get the metal hot enough to make the plastic soft.

5. Brawny

Brawny Well-Known Member

Again, thanks dude! just got a soldering iron at walmart for 5 bux, it works great! though, i think i let it sit too long, part of the plastic stretched a bit.