Swerve: to keep or not to keep

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by SmokescreenSWE, Apr 8, 2006.

1. SmokescreenSWE

SmokescreenSWE Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I lucked out and found an Alternators Swerve at a Toys R Us. I had to get him (I passed on getting the second one there though, I know another guy around here who probably wants it), but now I'm not sure if I should keep him or not.

It's a regular red box version, UK version with Nordic sticker on the bottom. Should I keep him (not a huge fan of the character but another face on the shelves and a spare flame sticker doesn't hurt) or sell him off on Ebay?

2. Optimus8404

Optimus8404 Autobot Commander.

Ebay:
    Keep him, he's definately rare. I saw him once, bought him and never saw him again. But if you put him on ebay, I'm sure you can get a good amount for him.

3. Liokaiser

Liokaiser Super Mod

News Credits:
    If you want to make a profit, sell it now. If you want if for your own collection, keep it.

4. SmokescreenSWE

News Credits:
    Hmmm... seems like people are paying for an opened one as well, so I might as well just keep him for a while and see how I like him.

5. Orodruin

Orodruin @deathformer TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    If the sticker is a factor, the reprolabel set comes with it as well.

6. Megatronwp38

Megatronwp38 Megatron? Is that you!?!?

keep him....he's a good bot.

7. rattrap007

rattrap007 Insert witty comment here TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I have mine and used the sticker on Tracks..

8. SmokescreenSWE

News Credits:
    Speaking of Reprolabels, how the heck as I supposed to find anything on the new site? I'm trying to send a request (the flame sticker without the autobot logo in it) but can't find an e-mail address.

9. godsenddeath

godsenddeath . TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:

I'm taking a semi-wild guess, but you're in Sweden right?? I'm curious as to how Swerve ended up over there, when it was barely distributed properly in the U.S.

Wonder if it will show up elsewhere?? It reminds me of when Australia got a glut of Alt Tracks and Meister, but NO Swindle.

As for the question, buy it. List it for sale somewhere,. and if you can't sell it. Keep it, it's not bad toy.

10. Easterling Capt

Easterling Capt I am Vern Schillinger

Ebay:
    it has shown up in more thenhis place in Sweden there are atleast 3 Swerves found I found the first one Thursday and mentiond it to the ppl at NTFA.

It appers we hade gotten a wave of Swervs in Sweden perhapps it is a case like the Energon UM. :huh

other European Tf collectors should check their TRU ..u never know if they have gotten the same loads of Alts.

11. SmokescreenSWE

News Credits:
    I'll post what I told the Binalternators guy:

The bottom of my Swerve box lists UK, Australia and New Zealand offices of Hasbro. I didn't get Grimlock or Dead End so I can't confirm those, although it might be quite random seeing as they're in different boxes.

As for the languages, there's only English, nothing else, which suggests that it is in fact an UK/Aus release. Canadian releases have the same French/English/Spanish boxes as the regular US releases, right?

I compared to my old Windcharger and Swindle, officially released in Sweden and available in multiple chains. They have six languages on the back and notes in every European language. They also have a difficulty rating and lack the collection numbers (which I did notice on these three new ones, the same as the US numbers - 5, 9 and 15). So, maybe this is a Toys R Us exclusive special import to Nordic countries? But from where, that's the question. I don't see why a new UK release of three previously unreleased figures would use the original US box designs. Did they just sit on those Dead Ends all this time?

Additional note: it might be interesting to see whether the Swindles still at Toys R Us are the same edition as the other ones released in Sweden. Although I'd guess they are, since for the longest time they only had Swindle and Windcharger, same as everyone else. Maybe they found there was an interest in them and decided to bypass Hasbro Nordic. On the other hand, Windcharger was on clearance (which funnily enough extended to Grimlock and Swerve, putting them at about $25 - hate our prices) so he probably didn't sell too well.

12. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    click on the "enter site" from the main page, then on the right, a set of links, click inquiry

Andy

and keep him!

13. JetBrawn

JetBrawn Intergalactic SUV

I've seen Swerve 3 times in the store, and each time (actually bought it once and sold it to a fellow board member for cheap) I was appalled at the paint and plastic color mismatching.

Not a fan of Swerve, regardless of how rare.

Tracks is cool though

14. REDLINE

News Credits:
    my swerve's colors match fine... odd

15. Triformis

Triformis Insecticon Fanatic TFW2005 Supporter

You know what's crazy? I have seen Swerve more than 10 times (4 at once once), bought one for me, another for a friend, but when I asked if anyone else wanted one, I never heard a thing, so I passed on the rest. *sigh* Wish I had a time machine....Back to the topic at hand, Keep him! All complaints aside, Alts. beat the hell out of most TFs and the pice is great considering they are engineering marvels.

16. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    Keep Swerve, and lord your superiority over the lesser beings without him! :lol 

17. REDLINE

News Credits:
    "the guy who brags the most about the size of his penis is the guy with the smallest"

18. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    Who was talking about that? Kids come to this board you know. Can't a guy make a joke?

19. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

Keep him. Prince even wrote a song about him.

20. snkeyes069

snkeyes069 Legend in his own mind TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Keep him. If you see more, you may want to consider doing some e-bay "redistribution."