Sweet Custom

Discussion in 'Transformers On Ebay' started by Hybrid Prime, Mar 5, 2009.

1. Hybrid Prime

Hybrid Prime Banned

2. Hybrid Prime

Hybrid Prime Banned

No,feedback on this one?I thought it looked rather well it gives me some insight on my next one.

3. nellie131

nellie131 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    looks nice would love to see as close to the movie version as possible with no metalic colours if that makes sense?

4. Hybrid Prime

Hybrid Prime Banned

Thats what I was thinking on mine do the feet and trim in a light gray and then do the upper legs in a darker gray ect.I was thinking I could acomplish that with some black dye to just dip it to give it a little color then dip the other parts longer.I did a battle damaged one similiar to this one a few weeks back I'm sure this is where the guy got the idea from but he one upped me so I need to regian my pride lol.

5. nellie131

News Credits:
    lol ideas are passed around a lot in the customs world it seems(just finishing a classics jazz) and i say pull one back and do a clean and as close to movie accurate unicron, cant wait to see it if you did!

6. frenzyrumble

frenzyrumble Banned

News Credits:
    lol, I recognized the sellers name immediately on this auction..

After acting interested in my auction, he's asked me why I use a light tent to photo my customs - claiming light tents "give a incorrect image of what the custom really looks like." Ironically, it appears he's trying black velvet behind unicron. But I gotta commend him for putting up images on an auction that haven't been properly rotated (even when ebay has a rotate image option) the time stamps are a nice touch also ;) 

I have a collaborative Unicron in the works. I like the details on this one, but IMO, there's so much missed.

7. nellie131

News Credits:

as an owner of 2 of your customs (hopefully a 3rd soon) i can vouch for you that your pictures do reflect you customs exactly, dont let the haters get you down :thumbs2: 

8. frenzyrumble

frenzyrumble Banned

News Credits:
    thanks nellie.
    Luckily the only criticism I get from my photos is that the customs "look better in real life" ...I can't seem to photograph the details and/or finisihes on the paint the way I take my pics

9. nellie131

News Credits:
    yep again i would agree!, to keep this thread on topic i cant wait to see the ideas on these unicrons, hasbro missed a trick putting all that detail moulding in there and not making it work how it could!

10. Hybrid Prime

Hybrid Prime Banned

Yeah,Hasbro could of made this an amazing toy if they would of put the extra ummphh in it.If they would of just made it a bit bigger so the orange divider went all the way around to actually make it centripicle.I thought about totally bashing one with chest mods feet mods and actually craft a sphere that goes all the way around as to make it look better in planet mode.Gonna have to make a bit more money before I do one that extensive though.

A question for you Frenzy rumble.I've used a make shift light box with blue silk before outcome was not too bad.Was gonna make a real light box with japanese rice paper but after hearing about this light cutain and seing the results it might be a bit cheaper.Have any good advice for setting one up?

Back on topic the dude did do a pretty decent job.Has to be at least the second or third best Unicron I've seen on ebay.I really liked the one that went for over $400.00 about 4 or 5 months ago.Wonder how much better it would look if he knew how to take better pics?He could of added alot more detail like Frenzy Rumble said but any one that bought it could add too it I suppose.

Can't wait to see yours pop up either FR I'm gonna post mine in the radicons so everyone can see it before I auction it off.Still want to see that Arcee when you get it done.