Swat Sends Drugs to Mayors House

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by The_Bardock, Aug 7, 2008.

1. The_Bardock

The_Bardock ****** of the Minicons

2. Vector Sigma

Vector Sigma <b><i><font color=FFFF00>Crazy Colon Burner!!!!</b Veteran

The hell? I take form it the same as you, they sent them drugs, then broke in and arrested them becuase the accepted the package sent to them? What the fuck?

"We don't want any of our operations to result in the injury or loss of anybody, and certainly not animals."

Because animals are more important than people...

3. netkid

netkid Where's my Goddamn shoe!

News Credits:
    Prowl_Delta_31 needs to see this thread.

That's messed up. It was horrible enough what happened to the Mayor and his family, but at least they can be glad they weren't shot to death like their dogs or 92 year old Kathryn Johnston.

92 years old. You'd think SWAT members would have the sense and intelligence, let alone, the experience, to realize that a 92 year old woman is not a threat. Subdue her, yes, but don't shoot her to death. Shit.

Those cops fucked up bad. Real bad.

4. benzo

benzo Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    ok this is messed up. someone needs to explain how they can legally do this? arrest them for drug possession that they didn't know they have??

5. TJOmega

TJOmega The Plastic Addict Content Contributor

News Credits:
  6. Galaxy Convoy

Galaxy Convoy Well-Known Member

This is why they need to start screening applicants better, or more intensely. And maybe even mandatory psychological exams every now and then. Because that was just outright bloodthristy right there.

7. Bumble Prime

Bumble Prime all the time

good lord.......

faith in law enforcement: -1

did you see the house on the video?? It looks like my grandmas's.... Im still trying to understand the "threat asessment" here.

OK am i reading this right? The drug trafficking "scheme" is run by who exactly? The actual drug traffickers, or the investigations unit?

8. Aaron

Aaron Master of Crystalocution Moderator Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    This is appalling.

The ONLY way that I can think any part of this would be legal is if there was suspicion that someone in the post office was the one intercepting packages, not the unwitting recipients.

9. Lance Halberd

Lance Halberd oh hai

News Credits:
    They way it works is that the drug runners pick a random name and address, and ship the package there. They then wait near the address they had it shipped to, and once the delivery service drops it off, they intercept it before the actual residents of the address do.

At least that's how it's supposed to go.

The mayor's address could have been numerous times before without their knowledge, and once the county police got wind of all the drugs being shipped there, they assumed the residents were into drug trafficking.

In this instance, I'm guessing the police played a passive part, as if they were actively setting up a sting, say by using undercover agents or cooperating parties to send a package of drugs to the address, one would have hoped they did a little background investigation on the people they were about to bust.

The police were probably sitting on the house that day, doing surveillance, saw the delivery get made, and the mother-in-law pick up the package. Discounting her as a drug kingpin, they then waited for a more likely target, in this case a white male in his 30s or 40s. Watching the mayor come home with his two dogs that day, the police sitting on the house figured he was their guy, and sprung into action.

10. Bumble Prime

Bumble Prime all the time

ahhhh thats what i figured...

But if this was the 1st instance of the package actually being delivered with visual confirmation....... wow, overkill

11. Prowl_Delta_31

Prowl_Delta_31 Eating your donuts

News Credits:
    What happened
    The police had been tracking that package for awhile. It was sniffed out by a narcotics dog in Arizona and delivered to the address by an undercover officer. The package was addressed to the Mayors wife.

The delivery man(undercover police officer) left the package on the front step as instructed by the Mayors mother that was at the house. The police monitored the package on the front step and witnessed the Mayor take the package inside. The package contained 32 lbs. of marijuana.

Police have arrested a delivery man that was involved in the package interception scheme

A no knock warrant is the best kind of warrant and are only issued under two circumstances.
    1. There is thought to dangerous weapons in the house and the threat of the Officers life is in immediate danger.
    2. The amount of time the knock will take will allow the suspect to dispose of any evidence that might be in the residence.

Package interception is a new thing that criminals/drug smugglers are doing. They mail the package to an unassuming person and intercept after they decline the package or it is left on the person door step.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2008
  12. Prowl_Delta_31

News Credits:
    This is a case study we use in SWAT classes. Almost everything the police did here was wrong. They got bad info from an informant and added details to obtain the no knock warrant. Upon entering the house Kathryn Johnston fired one round at the police. The police returned fire killing her. Though the warrant was bad and the whole case was bumbled from the start she did fire on the police and in turn was killed for that action.

13. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    That's fucked up. Pardon my French. It seriously scares me that these police can do this.

14. Bryan

Bryan ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

That whole case was so fucked up from start to finish. She didn't fire on the police, she fired into her ceiling. And there's no evidence that she knew they were the police--she lived in a shitty neighborhood and they were prying off her burglar bars. Seems reasonable to assume that she thought they were...well, burglars.

If police officers want to avoid being shot at for being police officers, they need to play by the rules. Second they stop doing that, they lose the right to lay claim to the benefits otherwise bestowed upon them by the social contract.

15. Bryan

Bryan ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Oh, shit, it was Prince George's County?

Yeah, I'm gonna put the burden of proof on them. Do some Googling on that department. They're a suspiciously lethal organization.

16. Bryan

Bryan ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

And wait a minute, the County department was operating in a city with its own police force?

And no-knock warrants don't exist in Maryland?

Come on. There's no justification for this. At all.

17. Prowl_Delta_31

News Credits:
    I agree that the whole thing was bad to begin with. Ballistics could not determine whether the round was fired into the ceiling or towards the door. The only evidence supporting this was a bullet hole above her which no round was recovered from. The Officers entered the house to the sounds of gun fire and seen the firearm in her hand pointed at them. All other things aside would you not have shot her?

18. The_Bardock

Someone busting into your house without announcing who they are, she would have every right to point a gun at them.

19. Bryan

Bryan ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Sure I would've shot her, because I don't want to die. But that's like a burglar arguing that it was okay to shoot a homeowner because he woke up and caught him in the act and had a shotgun.

Like that hypothetical burglar, the police in this case shouldn't have been doing what they were doing.

And if I had shot her, I would have been guilty of a crime--manslaughter at a minimum, like two of officers pled guilty to. And that was in a plea bargain--I suspect they would have been convicted of murder by a jury.

20. The_Bardock

Alright so this is assuming they knew it was an intercept scheme. Wouldn't him bringing it into the house prove that he wasn't "intercepting" the package.