Swat Kats

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by HordakFan, Jun 3, 2011.

1. HordakFan

HordakFan Banned

Now here's a kickass early 90's cartoon that ruled my world since it first aired 18 years ago on TBS, i was 12 and i was hooked besides Two Stupid Dogs.

This was one of Hanna-Barbara's last great animated shows yet was a very creative and original show that have rode the Ninja Turtles hero animal cartoon bandwagon.

Razor and T-Bone were heroes of mine, Commander Feral was a dick-nose and i had the hots for Callie Briggs at that age yet still do adore her, you know that cute blonde deputy mayor chick that helps out with the swat kats. DarkKat was probably the coolest villain out of the series besides Viper.

2. Dolza_Khyron

Dolza_Khyron Well-Known Member

yea i liked that one, and i also liked Jonny Quest *real adventures one* Hanna-Barbara's early and mid 90's cartoons were all for the most part amazing.

but they don't really make that high quality of cartoons any more. no one does, now a days, besides the select few, like tf prime, gi joe renegades, the new thundercats cartoon, clone wars, young justice, and brave and the bold *that still sounds like a soap opera though! :lol * there really are no high quality, animated series any more.

and then there is also no catchy theme songs either!

nothing cool like darkwing duck's theme, thundercats are loose! or even things like "COBRA!" from gi joe.

tf prime's one problem is the lack of theme song. it's not a catchy lyrics toon, just generic music being played.

3. Smasher

Smasher HUNKY BEATS

News Credits:
    I feel like that's kind of a contradictory statement.
    You say there aren't any high quality cartoons, then list no less than six of them.

As much as I have nostalgia for the shows that I grew up with, I think the state of cartoons is by and large better these days.

4. doomboy536

doomboy536 Universe Onslaught fanboy

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I head it came out on DVD recently, but only ships to the US. Boo and hiss :( 

5. chaddi_90

chaddi_90 Prime

News Credits:
    I used to love this show when it aired and the intro rocks!

6. shumworld

shumworld Well-Known Member

Same here Hordakfan.

I f'n loved SWAT Katz and watched whenever it was on. I love the fact that their answer to just about every problem is to shoot a missile at it.

7. areaseven

areaseven Live to Win

News Credits:
    Ebay:
  8. Gatehawk

Gatehawk Gooner

3 words, "GREATEST INTRO EVER!"

9. Ecchokat

Ecchokat Ponyologiest for Hire!

Ebay:
    I watched that when I was younger. I loved T-bone the best. I still watch it when I comes on Boomarange at night sometimes

10. Gatehawk

Gatehawk Gooner

I wish I had Boomerang at times. But at least I find the episodes online

11. Smasher

Smasher HUNKY BEATS

News Credits:
    Every time we I see the show on Boomerang on the guide my kids never want to watch it.
    But once I turn it on (which is always) they end up liking it and asking me all these questions about the show.

12. Gatehawk

Gatehawk Gooner

The same thing happened to me with the show Happy Days. I never watched it until it was on Hub and my mom wanted to watch it.

13. HordakFan

HordakFan Banned

Who else thought DarkKat was badass? i did and he sounded like James Earl Jones at times. Who also thought Callie was quite cute for a catgirl? i did when i was 12 and had a fascination for catgirls since Cleo from Heathcliff or M'ress from Star Trek animated or Cheetara.

14. Gatehawk

Gatehawk Gooner

Yes about DarkKat and yes about of Callie. I also thought Pastmaster was pretty damn awesome.

15. Razorclaw

Razorclaw Are ya gonna draw pistols

Dark Kat was voiced by Brock Peters, the guy who did Captain Bloth on Pirates of Dark Water. He also played the Federation Admiral who conspired to kill the Klingon Prime Minister.

16. racbgar

racbgar Well-Known Member

r they only on youtube? cuz i have only seen like 3 episodes on there but yes i love this show. whenever we get Boomerang i make sure to set the dvr so i can watch it if we go out to supper.

17. Wingnut

Wingnut Stayin' Alive!

Ebay:
    Loved the Turbokat! The only thing that would've made that jet better was if it transformed! ;) 

18. ronin0510

ronin0510 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    did they ever make a toyline for this show? I remembered I always wanted the turbocat and the cycles. I liked that robo-cat couple, but I have forgotten their names. :(