Non-TF: Swamp Thing Part 4~The Dead One

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Nightwind, Jun 29, 2010.

1. Nightwind

Nightwind Aka Dusty Bottoms.

May 4, 2007
    This is the fourth and final of this round of Kenner Swamp Thing repaints. I got the idea for this one straight from the comics! I recently purchased The Saga of the Swamp Thing Book One and Book Two so when I read about Swamp Thing's "death" and saw the art of his frozen body I thought it would make a really cool custom figure!

I started off by spraying the figure in Krylon Flat Black and followed that up with a layer of gray and two different blues for the main body. To match the artwork a little more closely, I used white for the eyes. I used Folk Art Acrylic and Testors Model Master Acrylic paints.

This is definitely my favorite of the four! It's just such a different take on the character and I don't think I've ever heard of anyone attempting this version before. I also really like the light blue that I used for the highlights!

An original pic of all of my repainted Swamp Things is included. I've also included a scan of the comic art that I used for inspiration. As always, comments and critiques are appreciated!

Attached Files: