Non-TF: Swamp Thing Part 3~The Desert One

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Nightwind, Jun 28, 2010.

1. Nightwind

Nightwind Aka Dusty Bottoms.

This is the third Swamp Thing in my series of repaints. This figure has a desert theme primarily because his vegetation reminds me of cactus plants. I also have an old comic that had Swamp Thing in the desert (!?) for some reason, so I guess it's not too much of a stretch for the character. I sprayed him with Krylon flat black and then gave him a dark brown layer followed by a lighter sandier brown for the details. Green for the vegetation and that wrapped him up pretty well I think! Once again I gave him the traditional red eyes. I used Folk Art Acrylic and Testors Model Master Acrylic paints.

Honestly, this is probably my least favorite of the four, but I still like him just for the fact that he's a Swamp Thing that isn't actually in the swamp so it has a "that's different" factor working for it.

An original pic of all of my repainted Swamp Things is included. As always, comments and critiques are appreciated!

Attached Files:

2. Rhinox555

Rhinox555 Insert clever joke here.

So... Desert Thing?

3. megatronkicksas

megatronkicksas Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    If you can recreate the Acid trip scene I think you'll be my new best friend.