Surviving the Purge

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Thatotherguy, Aug 27, 2016.

1. Thatotherguy

Thatotherguy Well-Known Member

So recently I've (once again) decided to refocus my collection to only MP, Beast Wars, and select movie bots.

After going through the painstaking task of rounding up all the bots that no longer meet my collecting parameters, and getting them ready for sale, I realised there were a few I was reluctant to let go:

Prime Vehicon, as I absolutely love the clever transformation.
    Beast Hunters Wheeljack, as I picked it up while travelling through Prague and link it to that awesome holiday.

They now stand proudly, yet oddly out of place, on my BW shelf.

Anyone else had outliers survive a collection cull? What made them too good to let go?

2. CLM

CLM Well-Known Member

You can always have a 'Unique or Loved' Subcollection I myself have one of those :) 

3. Macross7

Macross7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yup, keep the ones you love even if not in the focus. You'll regret selling them later.

4. FAKER II

FAKER II Cheap Repaint

I've been dumping most of my Unicron trilogy stuff but there are a few figures I will hold onto. It's funny how looking back at previous lines I don't care about anymore, it can be some of the most obscure figures I like the most. The Universe Ultra Magnus repainted from the deluxe Armada Optimus Prime and Cybertron Longrack are brobably 2 of my favorite figures in my collection from an era that I otherwise have lost interest in.

5. iacon45

iacon45 Missing: One Custom Title

News Credits:
    Pretty much what everyone else has said. I'm primarily focusing on MPs and Classics myself but I do have a couple of shelves dedicated to figures I like that don't fit those criteria. One shelf is Ratchets and Skywarps; the next shelf has Primes and Megatrons; and the last area are just for figures that have special meaning or I just really really like and don't want to part with for some reason.