Supreme Size Animated figures

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by vektsilver, May 19, 2008.

1. vektsilver

vektsilver Transorganic member

Ok this is a two parter

First on the Hasbro Toy shop.com I noticed the Supreme Size Optimus is now up for order. So have at it people.

Second part is a thought on the Supreme Size classification. To me the looks of that supreme prime doesnt look that good, the voyager seems to be more accurate. So are the supreme sized toys just going to be larger versions of the same character with maybe less accuracy in making and definitely less detail on the transformation. I know this prime has a gimmick to it with the auto transform but my only reason for buying the animated stuff is that it looks like the show remarkably.

I only ask because the Omege Supreme / Supreme sized Omega should be a cool character but I am hoping it will be an uber leader figure not just some gimmicky toy that isnt more detailed or accurate. Leaders toys have been pretty awesome so far I only hope the supreme toys are just that much better.

2. Pikatron

Pikatron Well-Known Member

Are you sure about the accuracy? To me, the supreme class figure looks more accurate to show than the voyager class. The tires are where they should be in his alt mode and his ax is much more show-accurate. With that said, $50 is a lot to ask for. :( 

Bulkhead on the other hand does fit your description. The deluxe class looks way more accurate and cartoon-like than the leader class.

3. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    From what I can recall, Omega was confirmed as a supreme class figure, so....

Personally, in some cases I'd prefer the supreme class for a figure (ala Omega, Unicron, Primus, etc.)...it just works for the bigger guys. Whereas with figures like supreme Starscream...it obviously doesn't always work out.

Bulkhead is a voyager..

4. Motor_Master

Motor_Master Lets the balls touch TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    ^Bulkhead is being released in both the voyager and leader size classes.

5. bigkid24

bigkid24 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I agree I think the leader Bulkhead looks horrible. I have the voyager version on pre-order but wanted to cancel in favor of the leader class....that is until I saw more pics of the leader class. I think he's got some good detail but detail and the animated style don't go hand in hand for me. For now I'm gonna stick with the out of scale but better looking voyager.

6. Paladin

Paladin Have Zord, Will Travel

News Credits:
    Detroit- It's a shithole full of people who steal
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    It may be me, but I think there's a pattern to the Supreme line developing.

The first figure is an enlarged retool of an existing toy while the second is unique, detailed and generally better received.

I hope that bodes well for Omega Supreme.

7. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Personally, I thought Supreme Starscream worked well, because he really was that big on the show. He was in scale with the rest for a time, though the gigantic size got played up a lot later on. Also the jet is very impressive at that scale. Just wish he had better shoulders. No reason why they couldn't slide out for more movement at that scale.

8. Pikatron

Pikatron Well-Known Member

woops... my mistake. I should've said that the larger Bulkhead figure looks worse than the smaller one as far as cartoon accuracy is concerned. :) 

9. Nerdling

Nerdling Plastic Crack Addict

Ebay:
    This line clearly has its limits. Where as the movieline had great figs in all sizes, the Voyager class seems to be the best way to go for Animated toys of Prime/Megs/etc. That supreme Prime, and especially that leader Megs, look really mediocre compared to their cheaper counterparts.

On a semi-related note, why are they making big figures (of figures that already exist that are much better) whose price tags will probably keep them on the shelf instead of making good new figs, like a real Classics Dev, Omega Supreme?