Supreme Jetwing Optimus Prime... bad?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Duwian, Sep 7, 2011.

1. Duwian

Duwian Wants FoC EVERYTHING

Hey, am I the only one who does not like the Supreme Prime's guns? The who backpack and wing assembly looks AWESOME, but the guns are so... lame. They look silly and childish! Not movie accurate at all! Is this just me?

2. rxlthunder

rxlthunder Banned

News Credits:
    Fixed.

3. Buster_Witwicky

Buster_Witwicky ALL HAIL KORROK

He tampered with your quote to fit his own opinion.

4. Duwian

Yeah lol, just noticed that. Removed my comment.

5. ahro23

ahro23 Omnibot

It means he made a subtle change in your post and therefore, "fixed" your statement to show how he felt.

Objectively, I think Jetwing Prime could have been awesome. I'm a big fan of the animated Wingblade Optimus and there are a lot of parallels between these two figures. It actually is really accurate to the DOTM model where Prime is flying around with one of those flying pods strapped to his back so that touches a lot of people in the right places.

I would've been ALL over this $200 figure IF it had Buster Prime's paint job. The fact that it has the same DULL paintjob as the ROTF Leader Prime is truly disappointing. I like that Takara put in the buster cannon gimmick into the figure, but it's kind of pointless if you have the pack on then because his hands can't hold both (or all three in this case). And for $200, I really think Takara could have done a lot more with the paint on the pack itself. There's a TON of fantastic detail on the pack and the fact that they missed the opportunity to turn this figure into something really great is just sad.

6. Duwian

I agree, but his guns are soooo wierd! The massive mini guns don't do it for me at all. They could have made it movie accurate like Encline did in his amazing custom. It'd be so much more appealing.

7. nelodiavolo

nelodiavolo Transformer Nerd

News Credits:
    IMO, I would be happy with a US release of the Battle Blades Voyager size version. Little pint sized and gunned out would be awesome!

If it was smaller, It may not look so rediculous.

8. artiepants

artiepants Just over here punching Unicron.

News Credits:
    I'd guess the guns were probably based on concept art that got changed before final... Still a 100,000 times better then the Hasbro Ultimate Prime

9. harrismonkey

harrismonkey Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yes.

But as has been stated, the toy is such a step backwards from Buster Prime because of the paint. I'd never bump my Buster from display for this thing. :( 

I wonder if takara's movie masterpiece line is dead, or if they're just biding their time? They really could do quite a bit if they took the leader Prime mold, improved the paint (as great as Buster is, MMP BB and SS do have better paint), added a trailer, the jetpack and more accessories.

It would costs a fortune, but if they really went all out to provide the best definitive movie leader Prime ever I'm sure quite a few of us would by it. As great as Buster is, there really is room for improvement.