Supreme Devy question...

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by geneticfusion, Aug 4, 2009.

1. geneticfusion

geneticfusion Well-Known Member

Just got him, I love him, but a couple concerns, so some questions to anyone that has him...

When you push the button down and his head rises, does yours kinda go down slowly? Or is it how I have him standing that makes his head just either stay up and go down very slowly?

Also, on the inside of this mouth, there are those clear stretchy things which i dont know the name of, did you remove those? It seems if I remove the one on Devy's right, his lower mouth piece just kinda falls to the side, anyone elses like that? I jsut left the clear stretchy things in there...

2. Spyro

Spyro Banned

The read goes down slowly? The lower mouthpeice falls to the side if you remove those clear packaging rubber bands? That's a sign that you should return it for a new one. Your's just has QC issues.

3. JuicyNo

JuicyNo Well-Known Member

I'm not sure about your head issue...mine only lowers as slowly as I release the lever to activate the mechalive.

I've got the same issue with the mouth pieces on mine though. If I remove the plastic bands from inside his mouth, the lower jaws hang a little lower, but nothing excessive. I ended up putting the bands back on so the jaws would stay up nice and tight when his mouth closes. They're not really noticable at all and don't affect the functionality.

4. geneticfusion

^Yea, that's what I was thinking about the bands and mouthpieces.

Hm, there was only one available in my area, so either I'll wait a little bit to return him until they get more in stock, or live with it. The head lowering slowly looks kinda cool though, I have to admit. Yea, i didnt even notice the bands on the mouth until i opened up Mixmasters Cab on the back, haha.

5. MidnightBliss

MidnightBliss Well-Known Member

The head on mine is a little slow to return to place. I think it is just a matter of how tight the hinge is. I also removed the bands. His jaw droops a little but, nothing excessive. I have to admit, he is cooler than I thought he would be. If only I could get Mixmaster to SHUT THE HELL UP in vehicle mode.

6. geneticfusion

Hahahaha, Truth. He does like to...make sounds alot.Even when you "transform" him, Devy still talks, my cat bit me while holding the head, i flinched, Devy started laughing....

But yea, he is a pretty cool toy, and I like that each one doesnt transform since most of the collectors talk about "movie accuracy." None of the robots that combined into Devy transformed....they were all "clones."

Pretty screen accurate to me.

7. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Reformed Geewunner

News Credits:
    There was very little difference with the lower jaw after I removed the rubber bands on mine.