Support your local Law Enforcement this Christmas and New Years.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Prowl_Delta_31, Dec 20, 2008.

1. Prowl_Delta_31

Prowl_Delta_31 Eating your donuts

News Credits:
    The National Blue Light Vigil

This is all you have to do.

1. Count how many windows on your house that is facing the roadway.

2. For however many windows you have buy an electric blue candle that just plugs into the wall. You can find them at any Wal-Mart and place one in each window.

3. When it gets night time starting 12-23-08 until 1-2-09 just plug them in and let them burn through the night.

This is a way of showing thanks to all the Police that are working on Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, and New Years like myself. This is also a way to honor all the Fallen Police Officers that have paid the ultimate sacrifice and gave their life in the line of duty this year which is 129 Officers.

Thanks to all that support this. It really means a lot to us cops driving around and seeing those blue lights in the windows.

Prowl Delta 31

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 21, 2008
  2. NIDARAM12

NIDARAM12 Robot art guy

News Credits:
    Unfortunately the cops don't even drive through my neighborhood anymore, and it's a "nice" one too.

I guess one could just taser themselves as an act of kindness to save the local police the trouble, though. :p 

jk my cousin is a cop.

3. Sideways

Sideways Banned

I definately will do this. Hell I even donated $50 to my local police dept.

4. alphie

alphie Veteran

News Credits:
    I will definitely try and do this. :) 

5. jorod74

jorod74 Psycholagnist (Ret.)

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    There's an elderly lady who lives not far from here who has used blue lights for her window decorations for as long as i have been alive.
    i doubt she knew she was honoring the police, but i think i will let her know- i think she will be pleased to hear that.

there's too many jerks out this time of year.
    You'd think that with all the DUI:drunk  risks and the weather, people would appreciate a cop trying to keep them safe.

thankfully my local P.D.'s (we got 3 within 5 miles) are small and the cops are all pretty well known. so it wouldn't be hard to do something nice for them at christmas.
    like last year a local church fed the officers on duty during christmas and New Year's.

Get 1, get 20; i like the blue light vigil idea. say thanks to the ones missing out so you make it home.
    :bowdown: 

6. Prowl_Delta_31

News Credits:
    Thanks for all you who say they do this or try to do this it really means a lot to me. This type of thing is really close to my heart especially this time of year.

Some of you may remember a good friend of mine and a dam fine Officer, Eric Freeman, was shot to death on December 15, 2007.
    Police Officer William Eric Freeman, Huntsville Police Department

It's been hard couple weeks but I can walk that blue line no matter how thin it gets because I know Freeman and Kelso is walking it with me.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. Dragonwolf

Dragonwolf dragon-bot

News Credits:
    you can also do a red light for fire/ems.

all public safty personel deserve this

8. awful_gollum

awful_gollum Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Unfortunately, very seldomly do cops ever drive by my road. Since there is very little crime. So I don't think a blue light would be seen if I were to put one up.:( 

However, you folks in blue still have my thanks for the trouble you all go through to help better society.;)  Heck, I am thankful for my local police for helping my family with an issue of these troublemakers causing a huge distruption just outside my house one night in March.:) 

9. Optimus-JD

Optimus-JD Team Laser Explosion!

BLue flickering lights have shown in our windows for many years. My best friend is an officer.

10. NotFastEnuff

NotFastEnuff I'm a smartass...

Ebay:
    Done and done. Stay safe!!

11. Prowl_Delta_31

News Credits:
    Thanks again to all the people that has replied to this thread. It really helps us out a lot around this time of year when we cant spend it with the loved ones. You guys are great.

12. Gordon_4

Gordon_4 The Big Engine

News Credits:
    Anyone know if they sell such items in the Austalian K-Mart? I'd happily throw a couple of these up with the standard decorations.

13. sharke

sharke canadian piece of sh*t

when I first saw the title I was like "shouldn't we do this more then just 2 days"

this will also honor the fire department when they arrive at your house to put out the drapes that caught on fire.... :) 

14. Bryan

Bryan ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

This is sorta tangential, but if I wanted to, say, commit a victimless crime in public during the middle of the night sometime this week, when would be best? I mean, which days (Crimmus, Crimmus Eve, day after Crimmus) are staffing and motivation the lowest?

15. McBradders

McBradders James Franco Club! Moderator

Keep on rocking Prowl, stay safe out there <3

16. LemonPrime

LemonPrime Greetings Programs

News Credits:
    I'm in the "Police don't generally drive by my house" department, and I only have one window facing the street which happens to be blocked by a tree, but this is a great way of showing support. Thank you Prowl and to all men and women of the law enforcement/emergency response community. Be safe and have a great holiday season.

17. salmonman78

salmonman78 Mordin, my hero

I work alongside the police at a hospital(I do security) and I salute ya'll for standing up and doing a stressful, looked down on, generally made fun of job. Takes a strong person to do that.

You stay safe out there as well.

18. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    Would love to do this and show my support, but the only window that faces the street is pretty much inaccessible.

19. alphie

alphie Veteran

News Credits:
    Well, I managed to buy a blue party light and used it on a desk lamp which I then clipped to my window. :lol  Police drive on our street ALL the time as a shortcut to a major road so I bet some saw it. Will put it back up on New Years. :) 

20. Prowl_Delta_31

News Credits:
    You guys are great. Made me feel real good working Christmas seeing all those lights.