Supernatural

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by Shizuka, Feb 25, 2010.

1. Shizuka

Shizuka Optimus Prime's scriptor

News Credits:
    I love the series and their take on Demons and other creatures. Does anyone else love this show?

And I also notice that every woman introduced is very attractive.

2. bumblebot98

bumblebot98 Banned

News Credits:
    I never kept track of the show until this year and frankly i like the new episodes better.

3. Darkravager

Darkravager Zombie Hunter

I like it, but I wouldn't use it as a source for understanding anything about angels or demons. It's a neat show to watch though.

4. jonatron26

jonatron26 Well-Known Member

there was a mini marathon of that show on the 15th of feb. it's pretty darn cool.

5. Liege Prime

Liege Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    A friend just got me into the show a couple months ago. I've been playing catchup and I'm at the beginning of season 3. What I love about the show is that, unlike Lost, you get good answers each episode and they resolve and explain things you never thought would be explained or resolved until the end of the series. They also focus on a small cast, so you get pretty close to the characters.

My only real complaint is that the writers insist they need to have conflict between the brothers, even if they have to reignite issues that they already kinda talked through in previous episodes. It's not that big of a deal though.

6. Soundwave3k

Soundwave3k TFW2005 Supporter

An absolutely fantastic show! I'm amazed that the writers have been able to keep the show going for so long without it getting totally cheesy. I got into it a couple of seasons ago and the wife and I have started watching it from the start. We just finished season 1 last night and man, what a finale!

7. Xanis

Xanis Plastic Belt Connoisseur

News Credits:
    Probably one of my favorite shows.
    I'm getting a little tired of the breaks though. We only got about 3 new episodes after the holiday break, and now there's a month long wait for the next new episode...

8. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    I like the show, and started watching at the end of either season 1 or 2. I bought the first 3 seasons on DVD when Wal-Mart had them for $15, but haven't started watching from the beginning yet.

All I will say is that although it's an entertaining show, they are way off from the truth on some of their theology. I'm also kinda worried that a thread about this show will spiral out of control and end up locked. Given that the show is religious in nature and all...

9. smkspy

smkspy is one nice fucking kitty

Perhaps, if you didn't make comments like your first sentence then it wouldn't? You pretty much opened the door by even mentioning that.

But yeah, a great show. I've been watching it since season 1.

10. moreprimeland

moreprimeland Optimus told me to do it! Moderator TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I've loved this show from Day 1..and IMHO it just gets better and better..I don't take it for truth, just entertainment :D 

11. Deathnoble

Deathnoble Aristocratic Assassin

Huge fan and while I agree that they are off on some of the creatures they introduce, its just a television show.

However, they do do well on some of the theology. I love that episode in season 4 where
    Castiel was talking about the ArchAngels for the first time. "...They aren't like us. ArchAngels are terrifying. They are absolute. THEY are Heaven's greatest weapon in this war..."

Also, finally a thread where people will recognize my avatar........ >.>

12. Soundwave3k

Soundwave3k TFW2005 Supporter

Wow, she looks pretty hot in there. Also Castiel has to be one of my favorite characters on that show ever! A lot of shows try to do the "not human but trying to fit in" humor but with Castiel it actually works. The episode where Dean is on the phone with him and he just appears in front of him while still on the phone was priceless!

C: "I'm here"

D: "I know"

C: "I'm going to hang up now"

Actually one of the things I love about the show is the humor - it's funny without making the show cheesy.

13. lars573

lars573 Well-Known Member

Spoken like someone who

1) Doesn't have a sibling
    2) Isn't close to them

Speaking as someone with a brother and sister. Issue can and do get brought up again and again.

14. Liege Prime

News Credits:
    Wrong and wrong about me. There are arguments and there is forced conflict for dialogue interest. Even the best shows have some writing issues when you have to produce 20+ hour long episodes per season, especially with only two main characters. Remember, I'm only in season 3, so maybe if you watched season 1 and 2 back to back on DVD instead of watching over the course of two years you wouldn't notice. Although I have no idea how you watched them, so maybe we just disagree.

15. Recall

Recall Player Select

News Credits:
    Supernatural blows. I have the first 3 seasons on DVD and every single episode follows this formula:

The brothers always bicker and hate on each other at the start.
    Some strange bullshit happens which one of them doesn't believe.
    A female is in danger.
    They reconcile by the end.

Its a live action Scooby Doo, nothing more.

16. Liege Prime

News Credits:
    You're right about those things being a big part of the formula. However, they also carry on a larger plot arch all the while. Regardless, you can take almost any show that's been around for a few seasons and construct a formula from common episodic events, it's just up to the viewer if that's what they like or not.

17. Rattrap Primal

Rattrap Primal Geek Overlord

my favorite from last season was when Dean was infected with ghost sikness (" Yellow Fever"), my friends girlfriend has his scream set as her alarm

18. lars573

lars573 Well-Known Member

You know my brother and I still argue over whom was given a ninja turtles figure in 1990. And if they'd show up on a camera I'd show you the scars from the two stabbings he's given me. 5 pin pricks from a fork on the right arm, and a knife on the left. Supernaturals formula isn't exactly hard to see, I just happen to like it. Sam and Dean have the most real (from ym POV) brotherly relationship on TV. My brother and I are just like that. And I mean exactly.

19. Deathnoble

Deathnoble Aristocratic Assassin

Dude, Castiel is cracking me up this season.

D: "How many is that now?"

C: "Don't know; lost count. Somewhere in the low hundreds."

D: o.0

20. Red Alert

Red Alert Security

News Credits:
    Lovin this show and the brothers interaction

Sam:Jerk

Dean:Bitch

Some of the best music too.