Supernatural thingies are you a believer ?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by LoC Soundwave, Sep 16, 2006.

1. Frognal

Frognal Prodigal Son Returned

Honestly, I'm not sure, but if you press me for an answer I'll say no.

2. Omnibus Prime

Omnibus Prime I'm too old for this shit TFW2005 Supporter

No. Never witnessed anything of the sort...not sober anyway. And I'd like to believe that any afterlife offers something a little more substantial than a chance to fuck with the living. I can do that just fine already.

3. Night Flame

Night Flame TFW2005 Supporter

Yeah. Definitely.

When I was young, I'd stay in my grandparents house almost every summer, all summer long. Up to the age of about fifteen or sixteen or so. Weird shit went down in that place. That house had been around for close to a hundred years at that point, with several generations living there. But the weirdest thing was the cat that lived in the dining room. I slept there for several summers on a nice little cot. Anyway, I'd wake up a few times a month and see a white cat sitting on the window ledge. Non of the cats allowed in the house at the time were white. I'd say something to it, thinking one of the outdoor cats had gotten in, and it would jump down towards me, like it was going to come see me. And it would be gone. Except a couple of times when there was a trail of "meows" slowly moving from the window to the door to the kitchen, then stopping.

There've been other things, but probably the biggest is where I'm living now.

My wife bought the house before we were together. She had some experiences herself. The biggest one was the night she had herself locked in the bedroom and swore that it sounded like the entire house was being ripped away around her. She finally went and opened the door, and the sound just stopped, and everything was fine.

For myself? Several things. The dogs wanting out when it's raining, and we say they don't need to right now. They disappear for a few minutes, then come back to us soaking wet. This one has happened a couple different times. One night I'm sitting on the toilet, and one of my cats is looking at me, doing the usual cat chat thing.

"Hi kitty, how you doing?"

"Meow."

"Yeah? Good day?"

"Meow."

That sort of thing. Suddenly, his eyes get huge and he looks right over my shoulder. He lets out this super loud, squeaky sounding meow and runs from the room. A split second later it feels like something swiped right past the back of my head. Like when someone walks up behind you and swipes fast and close enough at you to move your hair. That one freaked my ass out, let me tell you.

Several nights we've felt the bed sink down like someone is sitting there. Sometimes the dogs look at the spot when it happens and smile, as if it's one of their friends that just walked into the room. Sometimes they jump up, bark, and lunge at the spot and it goes away.

We've chatted and think, if we do have ghosts, and both of us are on the fence on these circumstances and trying to find other explanations, we've probably got a group of good natured ghosts living here protecting us from one or more not so good natured ones. And, on occassion, the good natured ones do things like let the dogs out for us when we don't feel like it.

That's the theory anyways.

Then again, the psychics my wife has drug me to say I'm an "old soul" and have been a shaman in my past lives. So I've got that going for me too. *SHRUG*

4. Liokaiser

Liokaiser Moderator

News Credits:
    My father told me once he was in his room laying down (I was a year old at the time) he felt the presence of something huge (Like the Hulk) jump in the room. My father said he couldn't move at all. The presence moved closer to him and sat down next to him. Keep in mind my father couldn't move at all. The presence spoke in spanish and said, "give me your laughter and I will give you my glory." The presence got up and left the room.

5. My03Tundra

My03Tundra LOVES TO EDIT POSTS!!

Ebay:
    I've been fascinated by the paranormal, and the "unknown"for a LONG time. I've been doing research and amazingly 70% of all "haunted" houses can be attributed to natural causes. Magnetic fields, such as induced by underwater rivers or other phenomena can induce certain things to be imagined by the human brain.

Electricity has a similar effect. Most non-haunted, haunted, homes are located near high power fields. This is either in the form of a power line, power transformer, and similar fields. Like magnetic fields (it is all electromagnetic energy) they can induce certain anomalies in humans.

No surprise, but mental imbalance also accounts for a portion of some hauntings. Sadly, some people who believe they live in a haunted house could be experiencing the initial symptoms of Bipolar disorder.

No, this is what I like, of the remaining 30% of "unindentifiable" hauntings there is no really identifiable physical source as to the haunting. By this point a legitimate paranormal investigator would have eliminated all possible sources, such as electromagnetic, human (i.e. Scooby-Doo stuff), and other physical sources. Of that 30% that are legitmate hauntings, there is also a small portion where it isn't a haunted place, but a haunted PERSON.

A haunted person is different from a poltergeist, as a poltergeist is generally someone in the house who is projecting their stress through telekinesis. Once the person is isolated, and the stress managed, a poltergeist goes away. A haunted person on the other hand is usually "possessed" by a malevolent source and is under their influence. If it is a true haunted person, the source that is controlling them can control outside sources and influence others. Otherwise, that "haunted" person is just mentally ill.

6. Jux

Jux Please, call me Steve. Veteran

No, not in the least.

I feel everything that happens in this world has a reasonable, logical explanation, even if we haven't yet discovered it.

7. Wing alpha

Wing alpha <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and

I do believe in the idea that there is supernatural things, then again as Jux said logical explanations maybe havent been found yet.

When I was a child I thougth I had seen one of my dead grand mothers, and I remember that I ran like hell after I saiid"Mom " and turned my back and saw her flowery dress and I left the room... when I came back nothing with my mom ...nothing.

funny enough after that in that appartment is the only place where dark SCARES me, as in I see something else something I cant comprehend so I simply dont get in if I feel that way. also its been said by everyone in the hose that they have seen an old woman, but that she never enters my room as if it was something she couldnt do. as if she could just watch was going on from the door.

so yeah Im a believer . but as I said logical explanations are found everywhere, we maybe just havent stumbled upon them

8. Darkravager

Darkravager Zombie Hunter

In a fashion, I do. I don't believe that the souls of dead people come back to interact with us.

I do believe however, that demons are quite real and capable of such things. I believe that there are ones whose specific job it is is to torment people (crazy stuff happening), and I believe that there are those whose job it is to confuse us by appearing to be good (comforting deal relatives, letting out Night Flames' dogs, etc.)

The "good" ones are there to confuse us so that we not as leary about fooling around with such things. Because if we're not afraid to mess with those things, it gives Satan a way into our lives and hearts. That's the way I see it.

9. Firestorm

Firestorm Red Mage in Training

I do believe, since my grandfather's spirit came for one final farewell shortly after his death when I was a child. I've had a few other odd, unexplainable things happen, but the visit from my grandfather is the only one I definitely believe was something unexplainable by current scientific knowledge.

10. FreshDebesh

FreshDebesh <b><font color=brickred>oye chak de phatte!</font> Veteran

I believe some of these are made up in people's minds, some are due to some unexplainable natural phenomena. However, I was always curious as to whether some of these things that people see are people from other dimensions. I know it sounds a bit sci-fi, but what if some people have the ability to see into other sort of phased out dimensions that our brain is not normally capable of comprehending, and therefore, not being able to see. We comprehend best when one of our natural senses (tactile, taste, vision, auditory and olfaction) can get involved and the information ultimately gets processed by our brains. I do believe multiple dimensions exist beyond the third that we inhabit. Is it possible that some can see into them?

That being said, is it possible that these beings that some claim to see are from higher dimensions than our own. To us, they seem otherworldly. For example, if we see a stick figure on a piece of paper, and we draw a rectangle around it, we effectively imprison it, in its 2 dimensional space. If you have a second stick figure standing outside of the imprisoned person, it will see a line basically that is made up of one of the prison walls. However, we, as 3D beings, can pull the imprisoned stick figure out, akin to peeling it off, and place it outside of the rectangular prison. The observer stick figure sees another stick figure effectively appearing out of thin air. This is a mundane act in our 3 dimensional world, but an unexplainable phenomenon in the 2D world.

11. Cruellock

Cruellock Disney Villain

No, it's all bull ****. You try to believe, but nothing ever happens, you never experience anything, and in the end, it just lets you down. Our world is a dull, dull place.

12. Omnibus Prime

:sly: 

No, actually, that makes sense. Though I'm curious what both stickmans think of the gigantic Debesh head looming over them, poking at them with a cylindrical object..and what they would even call the cylinder for that matter. :p  ;) 

:peoples: 

Yeesh!

*kills self*

13. FreshDebesh

FreshDebesh <b><font color=brickred>oye chak de phatte!</font> Veteran

I do wear a 7 5/8 baseball hat.

Here's a REALLY rough pic of what I was talking about with all that 2D stuff. I'm not an artist. Bite me.

[​IMG]

14. Omnibus Prime

:redface2: 

Well, it'd be gigantic to them. Not to impugn the size of your head sir.

That didn't come out right either.

15. Kickback

Kickback @GeekWithChris Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    Yes and no.

I believe there are things not from this world/realm/dimension happening (like the Pope Benedict, he is EVIL!), and that there are things that people like to force themselves to believe. Like if I leave my keys on the table and move them without thinking about it as I walk by, then later can't find my keys and then I do in a new spot and I'm like "OMG GHOSTS!". Like the guy's alarm ... that's easily turning over in mid-sleep or coming out of REM sleep. You won't remember a thing, it's happened to me before.

I have experiences, but I keep them private. I have a deep and meaningful story regarding a Ouija board, but that's more of a personal experience. But it freaked me out, to say the least.

16. eyeballkid

eyeballkid Old

News Credits:
    I've never seen a ghost, but man....I have experienced some weird stuff...which can all be explained through science that is just beggining to be understood, or at least recognized.

Ideas like syncronosity, telekenisis, premontion are very intriuging...

If a Buddist can set himself abalze while calmly sitting down...westerners don't know to much....

The previous post about other dimensions is not sci-fi by any means...(string theory?)

17. Darkravager

Darkravager Zombie Hunter

Wasn't it you a few years ago had a strange story about a bridge? Would you care to retell it for the sake of those who might not have heard it?

18. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    I'm a believer. People may think I'm dumb for saying this, or outright lying, but my house has some.. unwelcome activity.

Random bits from memory:

woke up one morning to find a gundam model completely smashed on the shelf it was on, not a single piece was on the floor.

often (day or night) from my back yard you can look into one of the second floor windows (my niece and nephew's play room which they're deathly afraid of being alone in despite not knowing this) and see someone staring back at you.

and of course the only thing that happens every single night is when you're walking by the laundry room door downstairs (if open) you'll see a kid run past the door way if you're alone and headed up the stairs. the direction it runs is the direction needed to go to come around and up behind you.

worst was when I woke up in the middle of the night when I was 7 because someone was saying the name "kevin" over and over (I'm not kevin), and saw a person leaning over my bed and staring down at me. My bedroom at the time is now my niece and nephew's playroom mentioned previously. I'm pretty sure "kevin" is the child spotted often downstairs.

My mom had a run-in with the child back when I was 5 or so. she came down in the middle of the night, to find me downstairs by myself. she talked to me for a while about why I couldnt fall asleep. Nothing wierd, right? well, what stopped the conversation was when I came downstairs to get a drink of water, shocked the hell out of my mom, who could no longer find the "me" who was sitting next to her just before I came downstairs. she didnt tell me about this until I was 16 or so.

fun fun stuff. if you don't believe me, well... good for you.

19. Gigatron_2005

Gigatron_2005 President of Calendars

Yes. Ive had a nice number of things with myself and my family that makes me believe in that stuff.

First off, I've always apparently had some sort of thing going on where I knew things that I would have no idea of knowing about.

One example is where my friend had an elaborate card trick where I would choose a card, and then he would pick it out of the deck. I tried to imitate him, even though I had no idea what I was doing. So I try the trick on him, and he laughs and said that I did it wrong but still got the right card. So I try his trick again, this time just joking around and not paying attention to what I'm doing. Somehow, I pick the correct card again. After doing this 4 times and getting the correct card every time, my friend kinda freaks out and refuses to do the trick again.

Another example was when my mom was folding laundry, I walk into the room to get my clothes and for whatever say "earthquake". No more than 10 seconds later, bam! A fairly nice sized earthquake occurred.

Also, there have been some strange goings on that I've heard of from family and experienced one myself where I was spending the night on the Queen Mary. In that incident, I was sitting on the bed watching TV. I hear someone walking down the hall, and what sounded like just outside the stateroom door, I hear the footsteps stop, keys opening a door, and a door opening and closing. Several seconds later, I'm still looking towards the door, and I see one of the small closet doors in the stateroom SLAM open. For whatever reason, that didn't freak me out or anything at the time. :p 

20. Predaking

Predaking Well-Known Member

Damn.. all those supernatural stories make my hair stand on end and cold shivers running down my back. I guess if you have experienced it before or have sixth sense it's not as scary to see ghosts. I have tried to get some friends to go with me to a known haunted house and see if we can stay there overnight but I was always the only one willing to go.