Superman's parents

Discussion in 'Comic Books and Graphic Novels' started by Eradicator, Feb 18, 2006.

1. Eradicator

Eradicator I am Antithesis

I was just curious about something. Have Supermans earth parents always been called Martha and Jonathon in the comics? I ask because I just got season one of The Adventures of Superman, and it refered to his parents and Sarah and Ethan.(I think. I'm not exactly sure what name it gave his father) Was this the same names in the comics at the time, or did they just make a screw up on the show?

2. j3

j3 Hampton Yount is my Crow T. Robot TFW2005 Supporter

it wasn't until 1948 that "Pa" Kent was referred to as John Kent, and "Ma" as Mary (later Johnathan and Martha)... there was a novel in 42 that used the names Eben and Sarah (all according to wiki), so that's probably where the Adventures of... got the names Ethan and Sarah.

3. Eradicator

Eradicator I am Antithesis

Cool thanks. They may have even called him Eben. I was completely sure on what they said for him other than it was obviously not what I expected.

4. .SentinelPrime Is Dead.

.SentinelPrime Is Dead. Banned

They actually deal with this in the latest issue of superman. its really interesting. it all ties into infinite crisis.

5. Spider Striker

Spider Striker ThisGuyWithTheYellowCap

Weren't his parents killed in "Our Worlds At War"? I never read that story, but I'm pretty sure I read that they were among the list of caslaties.

6. .SentinelPrime Is Dead.

.SentinelPrime Is Dead. Banned

they were thought dead, but they survived.